Chapter 17 - Not tonight, Steve

Sitting against your wall, ice crawls across the floor and up the walls. Hot tears contrast with the icy room as you sob to yourself. The two girls wait outside your room, staring at the creeping frost. Just as Wanda nods for Nat to knock, the door unlocks and opens.

"Hi..." you mumble.

"Can we come in?" You nod as they walk in, both shivering from the temperature.

"We know what happened," you sniffle and nod as they sit down on the only thing that wasn't ice, the bed. "You did the right thing,"

"Things would have ended badly if you didn't do what you did..."

"I wish it didn't have to come to this," Wanda opened her arms, letting you in after you shut the door.

"Oh, Y/n," Wandas eyes tear up as she feels the emotions swirling in your head. Nat takes your hand and holds you tight as Wanda let's her feel what you felt. The three of you sat there, a light wisp of red swarming around you three.

"I don't know what to do now," you mumble into their shoulders. "I can't tell Steve he would literally kill them both,"

"It's ok, I know, how about we go out?"

"Yeah, maybe a little dancing will make you feel better," Wanda wipes a tears from your face.

"S-sure, that sounds good," You give a soft smile as Nat walks to your closet, avoiding the really icy parts of the floor. Realising the temperature of the room, you let everything thaw out and disappear.

"How about this?" She holds out a short f/c club dress. A slit on the side and fabric to wrap around your neck (change this if you want). "And some boots?" She points to your knee high boots.

"Perfect," she grins and gives you the dress.

"Be ready in an hour then we can leave," nodding they leave the room.

~~~

After taking a quick shower and doing your hair, you put on the dress and makeup. Quickly walking out your room you walk to Thor's room. Knocking twice, you hear shuffling and the door opens.

"Lady, Y/n-" his eyes widen before he averts them. "Where are you going looking like that?"

"Somewhere," you walk past him and into his room. Looking around you spot his flask on his belt... fuck. "Got some time to kill, mind if I hang?"

"Not at all, what would you like to do?" He says with a slight blush. You shrug and walk over to him.

"Your choice, my prince," you grin as he stands shocked. Looking at the time you gasp. "Oh look at the time!" You stand on your tip toes and kiss his cheek before snatching the flask without him knowing. "Bye!"

"B-bye..." Making sure your phone is charged you grab your purse and stuff the flask in before looking at yourself once again. Grabbing your coat you wait for the girls to get you.

"Ready?" You look up and nod. Walking into the living room you pass all the boys who gawk.

"Y/n, where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Steve growls.

"Not tonight, Steve," you mumble making him raise a brow. Pressing the elevator door you try your best not to look at Tony or Bucky who looked both guilty and shocked.

"We'll be back late," Nat passes a pizza menu to Clint who drools more at the pictures of the pizza rather than the three of you. As you turned to the boys you hold the flask up to Thor who gasps.

"Y/n!" You giggle and wink as the elevator goes down.

~~~

The pounding music left the club in muffles and clarity each time the door opened and shut. From a distance the line went on forever but knowing your status, as crude as that would seem, you would be able to get in quickly.

"Welcome, ladies," you nod at the bouncer who opens the door for you three. Now feeling less weight on your shoulders you three squeeze through the crowd and to a booth.

"One round of shots please," Nat deals with the drinks as you fiddle through your bag. Taking out the flask, she sets down the shots, pouring a bit in your shots, you down them instantly.

"Don't wait for us then," Wanda says with an eye roll. You giggle as they let the burning liquid pour down their throats.

"Dancing?" You nod excitedly and pull them to the dance floor.

~~~

By the time the girls got back to the tower it was 3 am. Nat feeling fine, though slightly drunk, and Wanda suppressing her giggles, the elevator dings and they stumble back to their rooms.

"Wait... Where is Y/n?" Wanda mumbles in confusion.

"Went home with that guy," Wanda goes to complain but Nat holds up a device. "Don't worry I put a chip in her phone, we can track it tomorrow..." The witch nods before gagging slightly and running down the hall to her room. "Gross-" Immediately following that, Nat felt the need to vomit.

~~~

I should be studying but i'm not

- Anna ❤️