Chapter 49 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

Apricot raises the knife, ready to stab me.

Thinking fast, I lift my hand and grab onto her wrist, keeping her from sticking the knife into my skin. With my other hand, I use all of my strength to push her backwards.

She stumbles but doesn't fall. Still with a tight grip around the handle of the knife, she comes at me once again.

I dodge her attempts to stab me and punch her in the nose. She looks shocked at first but then smiles.

"Honestly, I thought this was going to be a quick kill but you made it a whole lot more interesting." She says while slowly walking up to me again.

"You may have gotten away with torturing me but this time, I'm not going to make it so easy for you." I tell her before she swings her hand forward and again, I quickly move back. "I want to be there when Damon finally fucking ends you once and for all."

Her face turns red with anger and she runs up to me again. I move backwards to get away from her and watch her moves at the same time but I end up tripping on the rug and falling on my back.

She takes that chance to jump on top of me before I could even try to get back up.

"Say goodbye to your life." She spits out as she lifts the knife with both hands before swinging down.

I react quickly and grab onto her wrists, using all of my strength to keep the knife from piercing my skin.

She has a better advantage since she's on top of me and she's using all of her weight to push the knife down.

Slowly, the point of the knife gets closer and closer to my neck. I'm basically holding my breath as my arms shake and my eyes stay focused on the knife.

It's about an inch away from going into my neck and I close my eyes tightly, still using all of my strength to try to keep it from making contact.

Not even five seconds later, I feel her weight being pulled off from me. I open my eyes and see Mark, one of Damon's guards holding her against him as he quickly disarms her and she struggles in his hold.

Mark is also the same guard who Damon shot in the center of his palm the day that he roughly grabbed me.

Finally, I release the breath that I've been holding and I let my head drop back down.

I have never in my life met someone crazier than the woman in this room with me. Honestly, I feel like she's not mentally stable.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Montez!" He apologizes while keeping a tight grip on Apricot. "I would've gotten here much sooner but the surveillance room isn't exactly close to the front of the mansion."

I look over at him from the floor and give him a very light smile, "Thank you for showing up before the knife went straight through my neck."

"My job is to protect you and Ms. Lily when boss isn't here. Again, I'm deeply sorry for showing up late. I'll be sure to let boss know of the events that just took place." He says, looking a little bit scared.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Nessa's voice cuts through, making me turn my head to look at her.

"Let go of me!" Apricot yells, still squirming in Marks strong hold.

He ignores her and focuses his attention on Ness, "There was a bit of a situation here."

She looks at Apricot before looking down at me. With her jaw clenched, she walks over to me and grabs my hand to pull me up off from the floor.