chapter 29

(The next day)
Lorenzo:

"Angel why do I have to be up so early in the morning? It's a Saturday" I ask as Angelina kept waking me up saying something about rain

"Because it's raining...we have to go outside before it stops" she says while she put my boots on "now hurry up or else I'm leaving you here and you're going to miss out"

"You can't be serious" I said and got out of bed to put some shoes on "So this is why your mother made me promise to lock you in the house whenever it rains"

"Mom has always been trying to stop me from living my best life" she said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of our room.

~~

"ti prenderai un raffreddore (you're going to catch a cold)" I panic as she runs in the back garden

I've been trying to make her come inside for about 10 minutes now.

I called Summer down for help but she also failed. I called her mother but she just told me that at this point there's nothing I can do but wait until it stopped raining because Angelina is so stubborn. I was told that I have to now look after her because sooner or later she's going to catch a cold.

"Gesù; Angelina perché non ascolti? (Jesus; Angelina why don't you listen?)"

Danny came and stood next to me under the umbrella "Aurora ha detto che dovresti aspettare che smetta di piovere e poi verrà da te (Aurora said you should wait for the rain to stop then she'll come to you)"

"Comunque, cosa sta succedendo tra voi due? (What's going on between you two anyways?)" I ask out of curiosity "...you've been spending alot of time together" I comment

"siamo buoni amici (we're good friends)" he says "Very good friends if you know what I mean" he smirks

"Basta non fare nulla ad Aurora che possa far sì che il mio matrimonio non abbia pace; va bene? ... perché non voglio stare sveglia la notte ad ascoltare Angelina che mi racconta di come hai spezzato il cuore alle sue sorelle (Just don't do anything to Aurora that would cause my marriage to have no peace; okay?... because I don't want to stay up at night listening to Angelina telling me about how you broke her sisters heart)"

"non ti preoccupare (don't worry about it)" He chuckles "You and boss lady have been spending all your free time together" he comments while he visibly tries to hide his smile "She's got you wrapped around her finger"

"Stai lontano dagli affari delle persone adulte (Stay out of grown folks business)" I say and he chuckles lightly as he leaves and goes back into the house

I waited for about two more minutes just watching Angelina soaking in the rain. She seems so happy. I faintly hear her say something about the rain not having to cry with her anymore because she's content.

She truly is breathtaking in every sense of the word. To say I got lucky would be an understatement. I'm glad she caught me shooting Leonardo in the office that day...or else I doubt we would've gotten close.

I watched her walk up to me and I released a sigh of relief.

I pulled her in for a hug and she sneezed..."remind me to never let you outside when it rains...what is it with you and rain?" I ask as I carry her inside to find Penny standing with two towels

"I don't know... I just find joy and peace of mind during rainy days" she answers and I grab the towels from Penny as I carry her upstairs to our room

"So you're a pluviophile?" I question and she nods

"I'm in love with rain" she says and sneezes again

"But the rain doesn't love you as much as you do" I say as she snuggles closer to me"You've caught a cold now"

When we got to our bedroom she demanded that I run her a hot water bubble bath. I offered to join her but she was adamant on saving that experience for a 'special time'.

When she came out the bathroom she got dressed in another pair of cosy pyjamas. Penny brought soup up for her that was made by the kitchen staff but of course Angelina refused to consume it; saying that she'd much rather some tea.

Looking after her is like looking after a baby. A demanding baby.

"Lorenzo are you almost done getting dressed?... I want to start the movie" she called out to me while she sat warmly in our bed "...and the popcorn you made is almost finished" she said in a softer voice as I walked out of the closet wearing the pyjamas she picked out for me.

We decided to spend the day warm in our room watching her favourite movies. I couldn't even pick one movie.

"I don't know if it's because of this movie or the atmosphere but I want to kiss you Lorenzo" Angelina spoke up after about 5 hours of watching Romantic Comedies

"Come here then!" I pulled her closer to me

Just as I was about to kiss her Danny came bursting into our room followed by Angelina's sister in a state of panic

"Lorenzo they're here" Danny said as he and Aurora gave Angelina and I guns

I stood up quickly and grabbed Angelina.

"Who's here?" Angelina asked as her eyes remained glued to the gun in hand "Lorenzo; who's here?... what's the gun for?" She asked as a hurried through the hallways

"Calm down sis" Aurora attempts to ease Angelina as the guns got louder

"Lorenzo...talk to me; please!" She said; visibly on the verge of tears

"Listen Angel...you have to follow your sister okay?"

"W-why?" She let out a lone tear

I stopped walking "she's going to take you to the safe room...where I'll meet you in later; All the women who live here are hiding out in there. Don't worry...nothing is going to happen to you"

"Then why do I have a gun in my hands?" She quizzed skeptically "Lorenzo I'm not a kid"

"To protect you while you're on your way to the safe room" I tried to explain but she didn't buy it "it's for protection just in case something happens...but I assure you nothing will happen to you" I brushed her cheek adoringly

"What if something happens to you?...you have to come to the safe room with us. Lorenzo don't be a hero" she took hold of my hand

"I have to go out there and fight...but I promise I'll be back in no time so we can continue our Saturday movie madness" I smiled softly hoping to assure her

"You promise?" She asked with tears in her eyes

"I promise you Angel" I said and gave her a quick kiss on the lips

She let go of my arm and mouthed an 'I'll see you later' before Aurora took her to the safe room.

If I'd known that that would've ended in Angelina needing to protect herself  from these fucking assholes that started shooting up the place I would've stayed with her. Granted she saved herself but I still failed to protect her myself.

She was put in a position where she had to kill in order to survive. She managed to kill three men. Two of which were self defence and the other one was to protect Summer who was unaware that someone was approaching her from behind. Angelina rose to the occasion and helped Summer. She did what needed to be done.