thirty-one

(Just finished my first day of school😁. Y'all started yet?)

Kyro Leon Lennox

Same Night (after the beach)

It was going on 1:00 in the morning, and Evre's party still wasn't fucking over.

We had the younger kids upstairs, doing whatever the fuck it was they did, and then all the older kids were in the living room, singing all loud and shit.

All the adults was outside on the porch. Dante and Jermaine had took their families and went to a hotel, so it was just me, my parents, my lil brother Quis and his baby momma Stacey, Diamond, Shay, Rai'Elle, and Ford out here.

"You got me! Stuck inside yo' love cycle! I read yo' love bible! We gi' the hood guidance! We keep the hood smilin'!"

"I gotta go pee." Diamond told me, jumping down from my lap. "I'll be right back." She said before heading over to the stairs.

"It's a bathroom across the street." Shay announced blandly, staring out in the street.

I stood up. "Shay." I called, making side conversations stop as they looked our way.

Now everybody was in our fucking business.

She looked up at me. "Lennox." She responded. "That store is open twenty-four hours a day, she's for surely welcome to go over there as long as she buy somethin."

I let out a breath and shook my head. Shay was so fucking difficult to deal with at times. "Come on, why you playin?"

"I'm surely not. Diamond, step a tip toe in my house and I'll dog walk you down these fuckin' steps. I'on give a fuck if you piss on ya'self or not." She shrugged, and Diamond looked over at me. The fuck was I supposed to do? "I'll slap the shit outta both a y'all." Shay promised, then looked up at Diamond. "You're not using my bathroom."

Diamond sighed deeply, before digging in her walker for a couple dollars and walking across the street towards the corner store.

"Can I talk to you?" I looked down at her.

Her nostrils flared as she stared at me.

Damn, she really hate me.

"If you say some' to make me mad imma slap the shit out'chu." She promised, standing up and led me a few feet away from everybody else. "What'chu want?"