50 ➳ Bye Mom

RUNNING 
FOR MILES

It's been two weeks, fifteen days, three hundred and thirty-six hours and one million, two hundred nine thousand, six hundred seconds since I was supposed to see my best friend, Lila Hayes, at school, her first one back since her mother had unfortunately passed away.

It's managed to be quite possibly the worst and most boring two weeks of my life. School has been so boring and dull, it's like when Lila left all of the color and happiness, well as much happiness there could be within a person at school, had taken it along with her when she stepped her last foot off of the school's cold, grey, cement.

Well, there were a few things that had managed to happen during the two weeks of no Lila, one was my tattoo being covered, the ugly ink of Boston's initials were finally gone, instead it was replaced with a beautiful blue monarch butterfly and two being Hale and I having sex and saying the L word.

I wouldn't take it back at all if anything I would relive that day over and over again but I guess all good things do come to an end and at this end it went back to being slightly boring and dull.

Even though I was feeling like the human version of 'death' or well a zombie just empty and barley living I continued to push myself to go to school. I didn't want to go, not one little bit but there was no way I was going to leave Hale all by himself at school.

Pretty much every single one of my teachers had given me a warning for sleeping in their class but there was one or two that made me go to detention after school, which made me feel even more dead inside. I was very thankful that the two times I had to stay back for detention were days that Hale had Lacrosse practice, so afterwards we would just meet at his car and then go to his, where he would later drop me off or let me stay.

Hale hates admitting it but he hates being alone, especially now, with no Lila or Lakyn. But I guess that makes the both of us as I would way rather be with someone even if we aren't doing anything, I think I just like knowing that I'm not by myself and that there is someone near to protect me or something like that due to some post-traumatic stress and anxiety that Boston had scarred within me.

But Hale and I both had managed to have found refuge within each other's company.

Another thing or well person, I should say, that had managed to make school horrible was Poppy Huntington. She waltzed around school as if she was the one running the place, as if she was Lila. It's like she thinks all because Lila's gone it means that she has the right to try and become the new Lila Hayes.

But an odd thing had happened at school, I actually didn't hate being around Blaire. I mean she's a sly and shady person, I mean you can literally see the bad intentions falling out of her mind. But like I had said I didn't hate being around her, she was actually nice and not as annoying as usual.

She mainly talked about shoes and bags at lunch which didn't amuse me one little bit, it actually managed to put Hale to sleep. It was kind of good just having her talk and talk as it helped me stop thinking about how it feels so wrong sitting at out lunch table with no Lila or Lakyn.

Also, during these last few weeks Truman has been over to my place a few times after school. We both mainly just sit on my bed and watch some old boring movie that Tru picks out every time, it's boring but I mean at least I'm not alone.

I'm missing Lila so much right now that I think I'm going insane. It's like I miss her so much that I'm trying to find bits of her within the people around me and I guess I've found slight small thing but not enough to satisfy how much I am longing to have her back.

But today was a little different, as today is the day of Lila's mother's funeral.

All morning I was trying to get ready for the sad occasion, I couldn't figure out what to wear to my best friends' mother's funeral. You would think it would be incredibly easy for me to choose something to wear as my closet is pretty much all black.