Elias 4.5

"I came here to talk about your mother."

Elias went straight with his topic as he placed his tea cup on the table.

Athanasia was bewildered at first before frowning.

It was clear to Elias what she was thinking.

"It is not about telling dad about you wanting to see her. It is about how I wish for everyone not to talk or even reminisce about her around me."

Her frown did not go away.

"May Athy ask what big brother means?"

The prince did not show any hesitation nor did he have an ounce of shame his answer.

"I hate Diana."

Surprise decorated Athanasia's expression and Elias continued.

"I hate her a lot for what she did not only to dad but also to me."

"Bu-but Felix said papa does not hate mommy! So mommy must have been a kind person."

Athanasia confidently defended her mother's honor.

Elias had to defend his father's.

"Well, we cannot say that he loved her either."

The princess frowned in confusion.

"What... does big brother mean?"

"I mean to say, you cannot really call it love when you have been charmed by magic."

"... what?"

"Your mother may have been nice to people she was able to charm with her magic but those who were unaffected, someone like me, she was a complete demon."

At every word that Elias spoke out, Athanasia's complexion was turning pale but the prince could see her anger rising. Her hands were clenched into a trembling fist.

"Don't speak badly about mommy!"

Elias sighed tiredly and abruptly stood up. Startled with the suddenness, Athanasia clamped up and paled further when Elias approached her while extending out his hand.

Frightened that Elias was going to hurt her, she closed her eyes tightly and waited for the impact until she felt a light touch on her forehead before being submerged with into another place and another body.

She saw a beautiful woman with pink eyes. Mesmerizing she was, like a goddess in a fairytale and she was being carried by this mystical lady.

This lady sat in front of Athanasia. Her smile was kind but it did not reach her cold eyes.

"I heard... that name of eternity and immortality is given to the heir of the throne. I plan to give that name to my child. If my child does not die after his majesty is aware of the name... that means he accepts our child to be in line of the throne. Meaning, you have become useless entity that was dumped on him for that reason."

The princess's vision shifted and now she was in the lady's arms. The lady was taking her somewhere.

"Your highness, I am sure you have noticed that I am not completely human."

Athanasia did not respond.

She hardly felt anything. Fear started to crawl on her skin. It was weird and foreign. She numb feeling felt so real and it was something she was so unused to.

"My grandmother had fairy blood running through her veins. Unlike full fledged fairies who are born with pink eyes, mixed blood fairies like me are either just humans or a very weak fairy.

In my case, I am a extremely weak fairy who is only able to charm humans."

They were in the garden by the lake.

"Your existence will cause a rift in my happiness. I cannot have you taking what rightfully belongs to my unborn child."

The dancer lowered her.

"So please disappear."

And then the lady lifted her up with all her strength.

Athanasia felt herself float as the dancer furthered away. It was when she felt the gravity grab her that she realized. This was how her life would end.

Just as the cold water swallowed her, she heard a scream for help but Athanasia closed her eyes as she let calm water sink her deeper.

The ice cold water stung her skin and holding back her breath became limited.

"Stop!"

A high pitched and glass breaking scream tore out of Athanasia's throat.

Elias was already by the door when the door was slammed open by Felix.

"Princess!"

Lillian hastily made her way to the crying princess and started to comfort her.

Nikolas calmly approached Elias and stood beside him.

Felix looked completely lost as to what had happened. He had heard somewhat of the conversation with his trained ears but it had suddenly gone quiet. He could only imagine what had happened.

Felix turned to Elias who was starting to leave along with Nikolas.

"My prince! What has happened?"

Halting his steps, Elias glanced at Felix's serious face before focusing back to the hallway.

"She wanted to see her mother. So instead of having dad showing his memories, I showed her mine. Don't ask dad to remember about that woman and talk about that woman again."

"Your highness!"

Elias ignored Felix's call and continued his way with Nikolas following closely behind.

"So what did you show her, my prince?"

Nikolas was smiling but there was no real feeling to it. Elias huffed out and narrowed his brows.

"The two times I've seen her."

"I see."

Although it was not the exact answer Nikolas wanted, he did not push any further.

Elias continued with his decided schedule.

Magic, swordsmanship, tactics, arithmetics, literature and governance.

Usually he would have a break in between but Elias did not take his breaks and continued on because he hoped it would keep his mind busy. Even as lessons were finished, Elias did not let go of his books and stayed in his study room. His mind too busy, not with the studies but with anxiety, to hear the knocks on the door. Not even hearing it open did his eyes leave the book.

"Elias."

Only a flip of a page responded.

"Elias!

A large hand wrapped itself around his wrist and gave a short yank, waking Elias out of his feared anxiety.

"Dad."

Elias whispered out and Claude sighed out in relief.

"I heard what happened in the afternoon."

Elias nodded but did not provide anymore details. Raising a brow, Claude gently pried his son for details.

"Elias, is this about me still loving her?"

"Why did you lie that you don't have memories of her?"

Elias fired back and didn't stop.

"You do remember her! Don't think I don't know that you drink yourself to brink when it's her anniversary!"

Silence met Elias. Claude looked lost and ashamed to be found out and Elias's chest cracked.

"Just what does she mean to you?!"

Elias turned away and grabbed his cane. He walked away the fasted pace he could and did not turn back to Claude. Not even once.