29 | superposition

CHAPTER 29,

SUPERPOSITION

"What the hell is a Stiles?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE MOON SHINES through the dark sky and down onto the lacrosse field. The floodlights providing a good amount of light to see around the place. She's seated on the grass at a safe distance away from Liam and Scott practicing these lacrosse, only joining them because she had nothing else to do. There's an odd feeling in her stomach as if she's forgotten or missing something, but she just keeps brushing it to one side with the thought of coming back to it later.

"Did you hear that?" Scott asks.

"Hear what?" Indiana questions.

"Never mind'. Let's get back to it, Liam." Scott says, throwing the lacrosse ball back to him.

"Or we could call it." Liam suggests.

"We gotta work on your back shots." Scott tells him.

"Why?" Liam questions.

"Liam, they suck." Scott bluntly replies.

"What are you talking about?" Liam asks.

"Your back shots, which suck." Scott repeats.

"I don't know what you're on about, they're better than yours." Indiana tells her brother.

Liam scoops a ball up with his lacrosse stick, swinging it behind his back and allowing the ball to be released to which it lands in the net perfectly. He continues to do this with the rest of the lacrosse balls, Scott not managing to save a single one.

"I must've been thinking of someone else." Scott says.

"Yeah. Maybe someone else who should be captain." Liam tells him.

"We'll make it." Scott reassures.

The floodlights begin to turn off one by one, indicating to the three that it's probably time they start heading home round about now. However, the two boys just allow their eyes to glow yellow/red and continue playing lacrosse in the dark.

"Something's happening to Mason." Liam blurts out.

The boys drop their lacrosse sticks as Indiana rises to her feet, the three of them running into the school where the push the hallway doors open. Searching around, they eventually find both Mason and Corey in the dim library.

"They were here, the Ghost Riders." Mason informs.

"Here? Just now?" Scott questions.

"I thought they left when the storm left." Liam says.