Chapter 33 : Masquerade Ball

What is love? We try so hard to make sense of it, feel it, label it, grab it and touch it to understand the sensation everyone talks about.

Taehyung proved me that Love is undefinable.
Because it isn't just a word, it's a feeling, a heart skip and an action.

I thought when I meet the one who is meant for me then everything will eventually fall into its right place but again he showed me that love is messy and complicated.

But for me love is a beautiful mess

And one thing was for sure,

I couldn't allow something happen to Taehyung because of me, only the thought of him getting hurt or worse would burn me alive and not letting me breathe.

How could I let something happen to him just because I'm too selfish to leave him ?

I made my decision right when the mysterious man who turned my life upside down appeared in front of me.

"Willing to sacrifice his life for you in order to protect you, blood will be shed, this sacrifice will take his life, his heart which will stop beating right here, in this very hall!

His words were tormenting me and killing me slowly in a pain I have never felt before but for Taehyung I would do anything, I would give my life for him even if it meant that I could never see his beautiful eyes again.

I could never let something happen to you Taehyung, never

I glanced at my mask on the desk and grabbed it with shaking hands to carefully wrap it around my head without destroying the beautiful hairstyle.

I turned around after putting the mask on and glanced at every corner of the room I used to spent my days and nights in, sleepless nights because the thoughts about Taehyung and the butterflies he caused to explode in my stomach

It was an unknown and weird feeling the first night I had slept in this room, I can still remember how I searched in every corner for that stupid door, pushing the walls, opening the cupboards and searching for more information about the castle until the sun rays peeked through the sheer curtains and I slowly fell asleep on the comfortable bed.
~

When I stepped out of my room, I closed the door, inhaled and exhaled deeply before flinching when I turned around and met the familiar grey hair and soft brown eyes, leaning against the wall and tilting his head to the side when I closed the door behind me.

"Jimin ?" I asked confused while looking around to see if he was waiting for someone else.

He pushed his body away from the wall and bowed respectfully before casually walking towards me while I started nervously scratching the back of my neck in confusion.

"The King wanted me to accompany you through the entrance of the ball" He said calmly while keeping a save distance between us.

I nodded and felt my heart skipping a beat at the thought of Taehyung