Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Normal People Activities 

"I've been away for ages, but I've got everything I need. I'm flicking through the pages I've written in my memory." -One Direction: Don't Forget Where You Belong.

-

 We spill out of the car to be met by a chilly wind. My sweatshirt does little to keep the cold from my skin. The car beeps when I lock it before I pocket the keys. The four of us begin walking to the building.

 "You got the lists?"

 "Yeah, they're in my pocket."

 "All four of them?"

 "All four," Bucky confirms.

 "Sheesh, do you think we're going to be able to fit all the bags in the car?" Steve looks over at Alex as we cross the parking lot.

 "If not, we'll just strap Natasha to the top to make more room," I joke.

 "No, I think Bucky is pretty good about the top of cars," Natasha jokes.

 "Ha," Steve laughs.

 "Not funny," Bucky glares at him.

 Since there are a total of eleven of us, we have been going through food like no one's business. Within the week we have cleaned out my grandparents' refrigerator and pantry. Last night we had a lovely dinner of canned fruits and canned soup. That evening it was decided that it was best to make a run to the store the next day. A piece of paper was passed around for everyone to write down what they needed. Everyone submitted a list. Now before lunch, Bucky, Steve, Natasha, and I make the trip to the supermarket.

 We're greeted by a blast of heat as we enter the grocery store. Natasha and Steve grab a cart. Bucky hands Natasha two of the lists. I recognize a mischievous gleam come over his eyes. He jumps onto the front of the cart.

 "Buck, no," Steve groans.

 "Come on, just to the first aisle," He smirks.

 "You are such a kid," Steve rolls his eyes but continues to push the cart.

 "Meet up at the front when you're done?" Bucky asks from the front of the cart.

 Natasha and I nod before we go our separate ways. Natasha says that boxed foods are first on the list. My grandma took the time to organize everything we put on the list into categories. We make our way up and down the rows of shelves grabbing various bags and boxes of foods. Natasha reads off the list as I throw the packages into the cart.

 Our cart is already half full by the time we finish the list of boxed foods. Last on the first list are dairy and other animal products. We head to the left back corner of the store. After loading up on eggs, milk, cheese, and milk, we find the freezer containing yogurt. Natasha tells me what to get and I begin piling the different containers of yogurt into the cart.

 "I never thought eleven people would ever want this much yogurt," I dump an armful of it into the cart.

 Natasha hums in response as I go back to get another armful of Steve's wanted Greek yogurt. Another woman comes up a few feet away from me to get her own groceries. I am skillfully balancing a pack of yogurt on a tub of it as I grab two of the individual containers when the lady speaks up.

 "Monica? Monica Potts?" She turns to me.

 I expect the woman to be someone that saw me on television and connects me with Tony. However, I am surprised to be met by a familiar face, "Mrs. Hannick?"

 "Oh, please, you graduated almost five years ago, I think you can call me Sarah," She laughs. Sarah Hannick was my sophomore chemistry teacher in high school. She is also a very good friend of my grandmother, for they both go to the same church.