44 | The One With The Restored Love

(Please note that this chapter as well as the whole book is rated mature. Hence it is inevitable and very normal to encounter mature content.)

The sky was spread in a veil of splendid purple, burning with red light as the sun was about to set. He came near her and cupped her face and looked at her eyes. Both of them got lost into their own world as they looked into each other's eyes. They stood in that same posture for some time. No one said anything as they saw another world lying away from each other's eyes.

The howling wind was the only thing that made the sound as it swept pass the silent couple.

"Madhav." Shree broke the silence as they saw the red tulips that grew in the clay pots. "I know what you have been trying to communicate with those tulips you have been sending me."

"Y-y-you do?" He asked.

"Red tulips symbolize declaration of love." She says. "You have been declaring your love for me all this while, right?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry I didn't have the courage to say this to your face-" He says. "There hasn't been a day where I haven't thought of you. I have been in love with you ever since I fell for you. I wanted to tell you this, but I was concerned if you would want to have a relationship with me and work on this marriage, but-

"I want to work on this marriage, Madhav." Shree confesses. "I miss the times we were deeply in love. I miss having you beside me. I miss all those happy moments. Maddy, I want the life I had with you."

"I want it too." He says and she throws herself into his arms.

"I love you so much, Maddy." She says wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I love you too." He says, pulling her closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. "My chellam."

Shree looked at him for a moment. His pupils had grown wide in the dark and now they were reflecting the setting sun.

He brought up one hand to cup her cheek, and she sighed into it. Madhav lowered his head and let his lips meet her's. They were warm and soft; like they always were. Shree felt the heat rushing to her cheeks, the moment his lips touched hers.

Shree felt herself smile again as they kissed, the kiss compensating for the three years of their separation. The moment was precious, and they relished it. It rejuvenated their despaired souls the way a dying man is rejuvenated when he is offered a glass of water. A drop of tear falls from Madhav's eyes.

They pull apart and take shivering, shallow breaths. Unable to contain and hold themselves anymore, Shree grabs Madhav's face and pulls him into a fiery and passionate kiss. Her hands work their way around his body, feeling each crevasse, each muscle and each line of his perfect physique. Shree's heart leaped in her chest at the realization that they were passionately kissing as the sun sets, surrounded by the music of the enchanted forest. They weren't sure how long they kissed. 

They pulled back a few times, smiling lightheadedly before diving back in for more kissing. Everything they'd been meaning to say all these past months was exchanged in those kisses.

They pull apart and open their eyes. They stare at each other, deep into each other's eyes. Madhav's eyes were full of wonder and love, Shree's were full of passion. Madhav leans in and softly kisses up and down Shree's neck. She lets out little whimpers of anticipation.

"We should go back to your mom and-" Madhav says and Shree nods.

They started making their way back to the entrance. They walked with linked arms, just as they had entered, only this time, there was a new understanding between them, and they kept intersecting each step to steal more kisses.