Epilogue - Present

Present

Victoria

Over the years I'd stopped believing that I would truly be happy in my life because I thought a part of me had died with the sweet girl I'd given birth to, and I'd learned to live with the bitter truth.

Things had changed now.

And when I woke up every morning, I had to constantly remind myself that this wasn't just a beautiful dream. It was a reality. I'd never been religious but I thanked whoever was up there for deciding that I deserved this much happiness.

It's been a few months since I've got my daughter back, and since I moved into the mansion to live with Tyler and my girl. It was a decision that I had to make for myself, and I was glad that I'd decided to do this. Nothing made me happier than to be with the man I've always loved and a child that I'd loved more than my life.

Archer, Maya, and Tyler's cousins all adored Honor. It's the way that she was so cherished and loved that made me so happy. She deserved it so much. Even Jasper and Kiara were spellbound by Honor and showered her with gifts. Honor was so spoilt, I was starting to wonder if she thought of herself as a princess of some country. Everyone was making up for the lost time, the years that we weren't getting back, and I tried not to dwell on the past.

One evening after I returned from the bakery, and tried to look for Honor she wasn't in her room so I went searching for her everywhere, the gardens, the pool, the gaming area, the exotic pet sanctuary (where she loved spending time) and worried I came back upstairs when I decided to check Tyler's study. I tiptoed and opened the door slowly when the scene in front of me took my breath away.

Coloring books, crayons, and dolls were scattered on the floor.

Tyler was seated behind the desk and holding our daughter in his arms, his eyes closed and a serene expression on his face. Honor was in his lap, holding him tightly, and it brought tears to my eyes to watch them sleeping so peacefully. Tyler was an amazing father, and I could see that he loved Honor fiercely, whether it was just attachment for his kid or a matter of possession, I wasn't sure but I liked this side of him. He was honest with her as she was with him and they bonded perfectly. I could see very clearly how he was going to be protective of her. When Honor grew up to become a woman, he would swat any boys away that took interest in her, I was sure of it.

My womb literally wobbled every time that I watched the father and daughter interactions. Regardless of how Tyler was, I wouldn't have asked for a better father for my daughter.

He felt so connected to her. And I could see that Honor loved to be in his company, they were like these old best friends who had tons of things in common.

Tyler had staff to do grocery shopping, but sometimes I took Honor with me so we had normal stuff to do together as Mommy and child. And one time I found her laughing somewhere down the aisle, talking to a complete stranger. I walked up to her and heard her telling someone, "She's not my sister. She's my mom."

It was probably wishful thinking but I hoped that Honor would call me 'Mom.' I was dying to hear her say it.

She was a perfect blend between Tyler and me. She sweet, so well-spoken for a kid and sometimes shy which were some of my traits and she was also intelligent and smart, just like her father and I guess that ran in the Lockhart genes.

What I would have loved for her to not pick from Tyler was her love for the reptiles.

I almost had a heart-attack one evening when I found her sitting on the plush carpet with the thick and large Yellow-Brown Blood Python casually slithering over her body. She laughed as she felt tickled by the reptile.