Arc 1: Chapter 10

The maids dressed Elenor up once again for the day she had been dreading. Although she did want to see her character's faces as much as she could, her growing concerns about the plot she had written down for this book was more important. Although Alec said to calm down, she knows he doesn't truly believe what she had said but he is forced to accept it. Since other than him, she knew his history.

"His highness is in the waiting room milady." Alec told her once the maids finished everything. 

Elenor took in a deep breath and nodded, "Okay you can do this!" she quietly cheered herself. 

She heard a soft 'pft' and she knew it was coming from Alec. Elenor glared at him before she faced the door and opened it. Sitting on the couch was Lloyd who was patiently waiting for her. 

"Good afternoon your highness, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming here when you didn't need to." she politely spoke with a bow. 

"Please raise your head. I apologise for coming here on such a short notice." he said, standing up and walked over to her. 

'What is he trying to do?' 

She felt fingers brushing her hair. Elenor glanced up at Lloyd. He smiled at her before taking one step back. 

"Your hair clip looked like it was about to fall." 

She subconsciously touched her hair clip, "Ah..I see uh thank you..." 

Lloyd smiled before gesturing at the couches in the waiting room. "Shall we take a seat?" 

"Oh, yes indeed. Alec please prepare some refreshments and snacks for his highness." 

"Yes milady." 

As usual, Alec was in his butler mode. He poured the tea and arranged a variety of snacks in front of them before standing beside her. 

'What a professional man.' 

Elenor noticed Lloyd's gaze on her. She sent him a small smile before speaking, "Your highness, I would like to know why you suddenly wanted to come over." 

He placed his index finger on his lips as if he was thinking before looking back at her. With a cheeky smile he answered, "Because I just wanted to talk to you." 

Her business smile nearly slipped off her face when she heard his answer. "...Pardon? Are you serious?" 

Lloyd nodded, crossing his legs before leaning against his elbow. "Yup. After all, Lady Elenor hasn't come to the palace for some time, am I correct?" 

She sipped on her tea, never once looking at his eyes. "Yes you are correct.." 

"May I ask why?" 

Elenor was questioning in her head what are he aiming for. Usually he would ignore Elenor so why was he being like this? Is it because she became Elenor instead? 

'Ah. Perhaps I'm changing the plot a bit because of my existence. That's not good, what will happen to my heroine and male lead then? Alec too?' 

"Elenor?.....Lady Elenor?" 

Elenor snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Lloyd calling her name multiple times. Alec was also slightly nudging herwithout Lloyd seeing. She cleared her throat softly, 

"I apologise for losing myself in my thoughts." 

Lloyd shook his head, "It is alright." 

"To answer your question your highness, I have been busy." 

"I see." 

'Dodge nicely!' 

"What's keeping you so busy?" 

'Fuck.' 

"Umm...horse riding..?" she forced out a small laugh, tapping her fingers on her lap. 

He kept his gaze on her. His eyes narrowed slightly, lips curving up. "Ah I see. Horse riding." 

"Yes your highness.." 

Elenor thought she had succeeded in dodging that curve ball but she was mistaken again. She grabbed one biscuit and popped it into her mouth. 

"Maybe we can go horse riding together some time." 

His statement caught Elenor off guard causing her to nearly choke on her biscuit. Quickly, she drank her tea although it burned her throat. She look back at Lloyd with bewildered eyes. He only returned her a wide smile.

"Don't you think that will be fun?"

"Yes your highness...."

At this point, Elenor admitted defeat to his confusing tactics and felt mentally exhausted as she continued talking to him. Lloyd finally left her residence but not forgetting to make her promise him that she will go horse riding with him some time in the future.

Thoroughly exhausted because of that prince, she requested to have her dinner in her room for the day, keeping Alec with her only. She fell onto the couch and laid down tiredly. Alec has grown accustomed to how she usually act now that he continues doing his job without batting an eye at her.

"Shall I prepare the bath?" he asked.

"...After my nap. That prince made me exhausted to the core." Elenor said as she pressed her face into the pillow on the couch.

She lifted one finger over to him, "Wake me up in an hour."

"That's so long."

"Blame the prince for my exhaustion!" she whined, burying her face back into the pillow.

"I cannot believe this is the same person who created this world." Alec muttered to himself before walking away, cleaning her room.

-

Elenor was now fast asleep on the couch, absolutely defenseless. Alec kept doing small quick glances over at her while he cleaned the room. Refilling the water in the vase, he placed it back at its original placing. Checking his pocket watch, he had about another half an hour before he had to wake her up.

Putting the watch back into his inner jacket pocket, he quietly walked towards Elenor. His black eyes that had a small shine in them, gazing at her and watching her little movements she did while she was asleep. Her fingers slightly curled in, her lips parted enough to breathe and her tiny adjustments to keep herself comfortable as she slept.

Defenseless.

With a single move, he could hurt her. A hand to her throat, strangling her to death. He could easily do it. Yet he did not. Only continuing to observe her before it was time to wake her up like she asked him to. He knew he wanted her recognition but at the same time he didn't know why.

It annoyed him.

"Wake up." he lightly shook her.

She groaned slightly, slowly moving up to a sitting position. Opening one eye at Alec, she sleepily smiled at him. "Good morning."

"....It's evening milady."

"Oh."

Alec was one to not laugh in front of people but he had to restraint himself from doing so after seeing her blur expression.

"Would you like me to prepare your bath now?"

"Yes...please." she nodded, covering her mouth as she yawned while speaking.

Alec headed out of the room. As he went to prepare the bath, he had a small smile on his face, remembering the face she had after she woke up.

---

Author's note: have i ever mentioned that this will have around 4 arcs? also i haven't really wrote a book that is like really long oof hope you guys still like it tho !! φ(゜▽゜*)♪