Arc 1: Chapter 12

Ignoring him was no use and it will seem rude especially since he is part of the royal family. If she ignored him, she could be put to court for offending a royal. Forcing out a smile, she looked up at Lloyd.

"Hello your highness, indeed what a surprise to see you here today. Don't you usually not attend this event?"

He sat down on the chair opposite of her. "I felt like coming this time, who knew I would be able to see you. What a coincidence." he chuckled.

Elenor forced out a laugh from her throat, "Yes what a coincidence."

She didn't want Alec to leave her so she grabbed his sleeve under the table where nobody could notice. Elenor could feel Alec's gaze on her for a second before turning back to Lloyd who was sitting opposite of her.

"Shouldn't his highness be getting ready for the hunt?" she asked, hoping he would get the message that she wanted to be left alone.

It seemed like he did. He checked his watch and nodded, "Yes, I should go and prepare for the hunt."

Elenor sighed with relief as he stood up and was about to walk away. He paused and turned back to her.

"If I capture the prize will you listen to my request?"

"...Sure?" she answered, skeptical on his 'request'.

Lloyd had a small smirk on his face before he walked away. Elenor slumped back in her chair and gazed up at Alec.

"I'm beginning to regret how I created him."

"It's too late to regret now milady and how long are you going to hold my sleeve?"

"Ah, I forgot." she released her hold and placed her hand back on her lap.

Soon the hunting began and every lady was chatting and wondering who would capture the prize for this event. Although her table wasn't close to the other tables, she could still hear the chatters coming from the tables.

'So much gossip and most of us haven't had our coming-of-age yet.'

"Lady Elenor," she heard a lady calling her name.

"Would you like to play some games with us?" she asked.

Elenor smiled and stood up from her table, "Certainly."

For the whole event, she played games with the other ladies at the event to pass the time. Then, a loud shout was heard which caught everyone's attention.

"His highness, Prince Lloyd has captured the prize!!"

Many ladies began to talk about it, excited to see who the prince would choose. The ladies she were playing games with weren't different as well.

"Hey hey, who do you think his highness will pick?"

"That lady will be really lucky!"

"What do you think of Lady Elenor?

Elenor was zoning out until she heard her name. Tuning back in, she indifferently answered them, "Yes, that lady will be very lucky."

Quickly without letting anyone notice, she turned to Alec and whispered to him, "Perhaps we should leave now."

"What about his highness?"

She glared at him, "Who cares about him and his request. I have a bad feeling about his request. We should hurry and leave."

Turning back to the ladies, she stood up and bowed, "My apologies but I have to leave now."

"Oh I see, have a safe journey back Lady Elenor."

"Thank you."

Elenor was only able to take one step before a voice spoke to her which forced her to halt her footsteps.

"Where are you going Lady Elenor? Have you forgotten our agreement?"

She stiffly turned to Lloyd, "...Of course not, your highness.."

Lloyd sent her a smile. "Will you listen to my request?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"No." he brightly said.

She clasped my hands tightly. Alec noticed how badly she was restraining herself. Elenor side eyed him, "Don't you dare laugh." she spoke with her eyes.

Alec cleared his throat and had his usual poker face back on. Lloyd paid no attention to it and continued speaking,

"Since I captured the prize, Lady Elenor, I would like you to be my partner for a ball I shall be attending next week."

Her mouth nearly dropped open from his request. Quickly she tried to reject it, "I'm deeply sorry your highness but I don't think I'll be able to be your partner."

He looked at her with innocent eyes, "Why not?"

Elenor's eyes darted around, "B-because your highness is seventeen! I haven't done my coming-of-age so it is best that you choose someone else."

"Ah I see.."

"Yes so your highness should choose someone-"

"It doesn't matter though?" he looked at her with honest eyes.

Elenor could feel her lips going dry. "P...pardon?"

"Anyone can still come even if they haven't done their coming-of-age. And you are fifteen this year am I correct?"

"Yes..."

He nodded to himself and with a chuckle he spoke again, "Then it should be fine. Only a year difference."

At this point, her soul had already flown out of her body. In the end, without even given a choice she was now his highness' partner for the ball next week. Elenor regained my soul back once her and Alec were back in the carriage.

"This didn't go as planned.." she muttered, kicking her feet up in disdain.

Alec peered over at her who kept kicking the floor childishly. Elenor realised something which resulted in her feet hanging mid air before dropping it down.

"I forgot!" she yelped out before digging through her dress pockets.

"What did you forget?" he asked and as he was about to sigh, she found what she had been looking for and held it in front of his face.

He gazed down at what she was holding. It was an embroidered handkerchief that had his name 'Alec' on it and small blue flowers and petals around it.

"I actually wanted to give you this after the hunting event but couldn't because of Lloyd." Elenor lightly scratched her cheek.

"I want us to become closer. I want you to trust me and I want to trust you." she said, her eyes twinkling under the sunlight that shone through the window of the carriage.

Elenor noticed he wasn't showing any signs of taking it so she placed it down on his lap and smiled. "It's okay if you can't answer me back now. I just want you to know that I'm serious with what I meant."

She tore her gaze away on him to the window, watching the trees come into view before disappearing. Alec slowly looked down at the handkerchief. He lightly brushed his fingers against the handkerchief.

Without her knowing or realising, this was the first time someone ever embroidered something for him much less ever received one. Not knowing what to say or feel, he silently kept it into his breast pocket.

---

Author's note: i actually like Lloyd's character!! feel like he would be a great guy to become good friends with HAHAH