Sleepover - Jolyne x Reader

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

Becoming best friends with Jolyne Cujoh was what you believed to be the best thing to ever happen to you. Jolyne seemed to be effortlessly cool, so imagine your surprise when she approached you on the first day of school.

"Hey, cool jacket," she complimented, gesturing to your jean jacket that was covered in different patches and pins.

"Oh, thank you," you replied awkwardly.

"I'm Jolyne, by the way."

"(Y/N)."

And from that moment on, the two of you were inseparable. Even Jolyne's other friends that she had had since she was much younger seemed surprised by how quickly she had taken to you. You felt incredibly welcomed into their group, which saved you the trouble of having to make friends in your new school.

"And then she tripped and the papers flew everywhere!" Hermès concluded the story she had been telling.

You all laughed, Foo Fighters snarfing the beverage that she had been drinking. This caused everyone else to laugh even harder, except for Foo Fighters who was furiously rubbing her now painful nose.

The school bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. All of you gathered your things and got up from your table to leave. You were one of the last ones to finish cleaning up, causing you to fall slightly behind. Just as you had resolved to jog to catch up with your friends, a playful elbow in your side caught your attention.

"Hey," Jolyne said simply.

"Oh, hey, Jolyne," you responded. The two of you began walking together, falling in rhythm much farther behind the rest of your friends.

"Wanna come over tonight for a sleepover?" She asked absentmindedly.

"Oh, uh, sure!" You replied quickly. Jolyne giggled at your enthusiasm.

"Come over at 6?" Jolyne suggested. You nodded your head in agreement, the conversation naturally drifting to other topics.

You walked Jolyne to class, waving goodbye to her as she walked through the door. You then sprinted down the hall in a futile attempt to make it to your own class on time.

"You're late again, (Y/N)," your teacher commented. You panted heavily in the doorway as he blocked your path into the classroom.

"I'm sorry," you breathed out between pants.

"One more tardy and you'll have detention," he explained. He then stepped to the side and let you enter the room. You bowed your head as you walked past him and took your seat at your desk. One more tardy would be bad news, but for some reason you had a feeling you'd be willing to get another anyway.

The day passed slowly as you anticipated your sleepover with your best friend. You bit your lip and tapped your pencil on your desk, eagerly watching the clock tick it's way to three o'clock. When the bell rang, you practically sprung up from your seat. You left the classroom quickly, making your way out to the front of the school and meeting up with Anasui and Hermès. The three of you talked for a while as one by one your other friends started joining your congregation. Jolyne was the last to arrive, her classroom being the farthest away from the main entrance.

"Finally," Weather Report joked as he noticed her walking towards you all. You smiled at her and she smiled back, her green lips curving upwards as her eyes land on you.

Your group began the walk home, people leaving the group as you pass the street they live on. You wave goodbye to your remaining friends as you turn to head down your street, promising to see Jolyne later.