Chap 8- Sasuraal

Qirat's POV

"Yahan sirf me aur bhaijaan rehtey hein..lekin khandan humara bohat bara hai...Suna hai ke kisi zamane me humara khandan bara miljhul ke rehta tha lekin ammi abba ke janey ke baad wesai taluqat nahi rahe...wesai tho sabh khandan wale theek thaak hein lekin meri advice hogi ke zara Fouzia phupo se bachke rehna..haha" Falak explained as we walked around the garden bordering the Haveli.

(Only me and my brother live here, but we do have a big family. I've heard that back in the days our family was very close knit, but after our parents passed away, links weren't as strong. Mostly the family is ok, but I will advice stay weary of Fouzia Aunty..haha)

A few hours ago we had just completed the formalities of getting me enrolled into Falak's university. I'm glad I could go to a place where I'd already know someone. Not that socialising was a problem for me but I prefer sticking to people I already know. I am the introverted extrovert..like ice breaking is kind of a problem..and when you first meet me you'd think I am a quiet person..but if we click then you yourself would tell me to shut up.
All forms were submitted and Falak had already given me a heads up on what the course and university was like.

Now in a couple of hours we await their Khandaan (Family) or shall I say my 'Sasuraal' (in-laws). The news of our marriage had spread like fire and the entire family was coming down to confirm whether its a false rumour. So their entire family was going to visit today from all over the country. From what Falak has told me so far, I'm sure Zaakir would be able to deal with most of them. Though I'm also pretty sure given the circumstances they aren't really going to like me much, but to be honest I couldn't care less. I just hope they aren't too bad, because to be honest I don't want to be having to justify my character to every single soul.

We just finished our walk around the garden and went back into the Haveli. And he was there. He probably came back whilst we were walking around..not that I care.

"Asalamulaykum" he greeted. The much I didn't want to talk to him, it was a reflex to respond to a salam so I mumbled "walaykumasalam" whilst Falak responded with much enthusiasm "WalayKumAsalam bhaijaan".

"Aap dono tayar hojaye thori der me sabh pohonchte honge" he ordered. He's always ordering about, smajhte kya hein apne aap ko. I roll my eyes at him and make my way upstairs to get ready.

(You two should get ready, everyone is on there way here)

"Um Qirat" he called.

I huff turning around to him "kya?"

(what?)

"yeh pehna aaj, aur woh karey bhi pehnna aaj"

(Wear this today, and those bangles too)

He once again ordered whilst handing me a bag, which contained a parcel.

"Konsey karey?" I ask, what karey is he talking about? when did he ever give me karey?

(Which bangles?)

"Woh jisko dekhne ki bhi zehmat nahi ki aapne shaadi ke raat ko"

(The ones you didn't bother to look at on the wedding night)

Ohh those, those were Karey. Not like I care. The much I hate having to follow orders, especially HIS order, I nod my head and just compromise. I'm no mood of having to put up a fight for everything right now. I might need to save my fighting skills for later this evening, god knows what the family will be like.