Chapter 37: Exhibition

One step, two steps and a last one until I reached the grand open entrance of the castle where guards used to stand and bow respectfully.

The shaking of my heart got worse with every step, with every distance between me and the castle that got smaller, I was almost there.

But he wasn't there

He wasn't there...

My body was trembling, floating in waves of different emotions when I slowly stepped my foot inside the castle and my eyes widened at the familiar feeling rising inside me whenever Taehyung used to walk me inside this castle, it was the same hall I landed when I traveled back to 1819.

I still remember how I was standing in the middle of the filled hall with the guards and maids in traditional clothing rushing around while I was trying to proceed every detail in slow motion, but the twist of 2019 had guests in beautiful gowns entering the castle and staring in awe at the ruined castle which once was able to brighten the entire country, filled with luxurious chandeliers and golden walls and diamond embroidery's on every column, this was Taehyung's kingdom which lost it's spark and beauty without it's ruler, just like me who lost the spark of life without the ruler of my heart.

With filled eyes, a trembling body and a wet sticky dress I stared at all the guests walking up the stairs to the gallery hall, a castle lived by royals has turned into a gallery for strangers to visit, strangers just like me before this castle turned into the beginning of a living fairytale for me.

I glanced out of the castle where all the cars were parked and found my friends waiting for me to walk up the stairs.

I did answer them,

But I asked them to let me go in first

I ran my hands over my face and wiped my tears away before taking a deep breath as my heart was racing crazily and sweat was running down my back.

"Miss do you need help ?" I flinched when a polite woman asked me carefully and I shook my head.

"I'm fine, thank you" I bowed at her before glancing up at the almost ruined stairs leading up to the second floor.

I'm back Taehyung

With a smile and a blurry vision I walked towards the stairs and slowly walked up, with every stair my heartbeats fastened and I had difficulties to breathe and control my tears in front of the giggling guests who were busy whispering with their significant other.

Stepped on the last stair and I arrived on the grand floor, the majestic hall of paintings.

I gasped loudly and pressed my hand against my mouth, eyes widened in shock while a tear ran down my hand.

Blue was everywhere

Blue rose petals were spread across the whole ground of the hall, the scent of roses filled my nose and reminded me of the rose garden next to Jugyeong's room.