Chapter 39: A tale of destiny

My thumb caressed the small and rough stone in my hand as I was absentmindedly staring at the turquoise lake in front of me, a scenery which I haven't seen before but yet it was able to give me the comfort I was seeking for.

My breath was still heavy, my mind still foggy, the sweat drops on my temples were slowly drying as the soft late summer already autumn breeze stroke my face and dried the tears on my face but my heart was still pounding and spreading through my s...

My breath was still heavy, my mind still foggy, the sweat drops on my temples were slowly drying as the soft late summer already autumn breeze stroke my face and dried the tears on my face but my heart was still pounding and spreading through my skull.

My fingers around the stone were shaking from what just happened inside the house.
It took my live away for a second but filled me with the oxygen I left in 1819, it was as if the universe gave me my life back, pumped my heart with blood again and made it start racing just when our eyes have met.

Flashback

When I opened my eyes to him my heart fell into my stomach, along with the heavy tears escaping my eyes after the other, my lips parted but not a single sound was able to leave my lips, I closed my mouth but my lips parted again while staring at every inch of the face I was dreaming and breathing for only to see it one more time in my life, for a face I thought I would die with the memories deeply engraved into my heart.

The tears wouldn't stop falling it was then when I realized I lost the control of my body.

This can't be real ? Can it ? Can this be real ?

My eyes traveled around his dark eyebrows slowly down to the dark irises, the same intense alluring eyes and the same heart shaped lips.

My lips escaped a shaking whimper, a wince,
I was gasping for breath as I unbelievably stared at every inch of his face with only one question ringing inside my head.

How is that possible?

Afraid that this was also one of those countless dreams of yearn and longing, without realizing I suddenly lifted my hand, chest heavily heaving up and down as his dark eyes followed silently my moves without any expression.
I slowly brought my hand closer to his cheek, my fingers were twitching almost paralyzed to touch him, to feel him once again before he disappears into my dream.

His dark eyes slowly followed the trace of a tear leaving my eye, with his eyebrows furrowed he carefully watched the tear falling on my lip, his eyes rested for a second on my lips, my heart was hammering against my chest uncontrollably, I couldn't breathe when his eyes left the tear on my lip and slowly travelled up to my eyes.

Brown met brown

And this time,

The clock stopped ticking and time stopped running, along with my heart which stopped beating

Because I saw him for a second time in this lifetime.

He glanced at my hand which was only millimeters away from his face meeting my blurry vision again, I gulped because it was starting to feel vivid, much realer than a dream could ever feel like.