Chapter 43

Hey guys! Please check out my last few messages to my followers on my board! They're important!

I am leaving for the army on September 14th, and I will be gone for 10-23 weeks. All of my stories will be on hold until then, I'm sorry! Not having technology is going to suck!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 43

       I was so exhausted I actually fell asleep and stayed asleep until light streamed through my bedroom window the next day. I went to stretch, my limbs sore from spending so much time on the hardwood floor, but my body only met iron resistance. I frowned and reached down for the heavy arm wrapped around my waist.

       Rex was sleeping soundly on his stomach at my side, his perfect face buried in the pillow while that arm kept me firmly against him. What was he doing here? He still had a day or two... Then I realized I didn't care—he was here. That's all that mattered. I tried to force down the silly, beyond thrilled, smile pulling at my lips as I pressed closer.

       He made a low noise in the back of his throat, rubbed his handsome face against the pillow, then settled down again. I didn't want to wake him, especially with how peaceful and relaxed he looked, but I couldn't help myself.

       I wiggled under that arm until I could roll over and let my fingers slowly trace the hard lines of his face. His nose scrunched up all-cute-like, and I pulled my hand away until he settled back down, then went back to gently tracing the sharp curve of his jaw. He really was perfect. Too perfect for me—for anyone really.

       With a soft sigh I went to pull my hand away and curl it back into the covers. "Don't stop." Rex's raspy sleep voice grumbled and he curled that arm tighter around me until I was flush against his side. My eyes widened but I tried to choke down that embarrassed blush and went back to slowly tracing his strong features.

       "Not that I'm not happy you're here," I started softly as my fingertips just barely brushed along his skin. "But I thought you had two more days?"

       Those dark eyes blinked slowly open, or the one that wasn't pressed against the pillow did, before he closed it again. "You were sad. Didn't want... you... alone." He yawned, pulled away from my touch to rub against the pillow again, then rolled on his side so that arm could bring me tightly into his chest.

       My heart fluttered at his words, and at how easily he was able to move me. I had to physically resist the urge to curl my fingers into his shirt and press my face against his chest. "You shouldn't have left because of me." I whispered quietly into the otherwise silent room. He grunted and pressed his cheek against the top of my head.

       "It's nothing I can't do later."

       "What were you doing?"

       He shrugged, and the movement pulled my whole body along with him. "Touring the building, discussing the job and an internship in college. Stuff like that." I wanted to ask him more, but then those lips were brushing softly against my forehead and I lost my train of thought.

       "It was too long though." Rex murmured against my skin, and I completely agreed. Even if he was only gone for two days. "I don't like being away from you." His lips traced slowly between my eyebrows then over the bridge of my nose. The light tickling feeling made me laugh, and the nervous, excited flutters in my chest weren't helping anything.