6

Rezalia sits on the observation deck and watches Zuko spar with one of the guards. Usually she'd be on the deck, but the guards had a habit of pulling her into sparring when they got tired and she was supposed to be resting. Not that she actually sparred much anyway. Suddenly, the boat turns and knocks them both off balance.

"Someone's changing our course!" Zuko exclaims before making his way to the helmsman. Rezalia joins him, entering the room just after him. "What's the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!"

Rezalia silently tugs at the prince's arm and points to Iroh, who sits across from a crew member playing pai sho. "Actually," Iroh speaks up. "Someone did. I assure you it is a matter of utmost importance, Prince Zuko."

Zuko brightens. "Is it something to do with the Avatar?" Rezalia resists the urge to roll her eyes.

"Even more urgent. It seems... I've lost my lotus tile."

"Oh spirits," Rezalia laughs, putting her hand to her head when it throbs dully. The pain had reduced greatly, but it still bothered her.

"Lotus tile?" Zuko asks. Rezalia pats him on the shoulder and moves to sit down. She examines the game that Iroh's playing an notes a few ways that his opponent could make to win. Or, not lose as badly.

"For my Pai Sho game. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant, but it is essential for the unusual strategy that I employ."

Zuko tried to reign in his anger, which Rezalia appreciated. "You've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?"

"See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants at this port of call. Hopefully they'll have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life!" Iroh says happily. Zuko tries hard to not get angry, but a blast of fire escapes his mouth and covers the room with smoke. "I am lucky to have such an understanding nephew."

Rezalia waves her hand in front of her face and coughs as she makes her way to the door. Once she opens it, the smoke clears and Zuko looks at her apologetically. She waves him off and sits back down.

Once they reach the pier, Rezalia wanders off with a promise to meet them back at the ship in a couple hours. Dressed in her shorts and t-shirt ensemble, she draws much less attention than she normally would. As it is, people whisper as she passes. As she wanders, she buys a pair of black sandals that have straps travelling up to mid shin and tying in the back. Instantly, she puts them on as she had been barefoot previously.

As she's looking at the shops, Rezalia bumps into someone. "Shit! Sorry! Are you okay?" she asks, looking up to see that she had run into the avatar and his friends. "Oh, it's you guys."

Sokka reaches for his boomerang and Aang gets his staff ready. Rezalia holds up her hands in surrender. "Woah, I'm not here to fight you guys. I'm technically not even allowed to fight right now."

"Allowed?" Katara asks, voice tight.

"Yeah, I got knocked out by Roku and now I can't fight for a while. Doctor's orders. I mean, I technically could ignore that and bring you to Z, but I feel like he'd be hella pissed if I did that. And Iroh wouldn't be too happy either. They were pretty damn clear on the no fighting rule. Not that I really fight all that much anyway. I usually let Z handle it, cause this is his goal you know? It's not that I can't fight, I just feel like Z would prefer to do it himself. He has this thing about receiving help. He's, like, allergic to it or some shit. I don't know. But the point is that I'm not here to fight you. We didn't even know you'd be here. We're actually here to get a board game piece. Well, Iroh is. Zuko is here so that he can make sure we leave as soon as possible and I'm here 'cause I'm really tired of that damned ship. We go places, sure, but I've spent the better part of two years on a ship. It gets old, you know? Anyway, I should get going. Z's gonna come get me soon anyway. Iroh's probably buying shit he doesn't need again."