Welcome to the City

Zuko's POV
We handed our tickets and passports to a woman sat in a booth, ready to enter the city.

"So, Mr Lee, Miss Yara and Mr Mushy is it?"

My uncle then replied,

"It's pronounced Moo-shi."

"You telling me how to do my job?"

"Uh, no, no, no. But may I just say you're like a flower in bloom, your beauty is intoxicating."

I felt like I was going to barf in my mouth watching my uncle flirt, I turned to Y/N who was cringing so hard watching it.

Then, it got worse... she flirted back.

"Mm, you're pretty easy on the eyes yourself, handsome. Rawr! Welcome to Ba Sing Se."

She stamped our passports and uncle turned to us smiling, I snatched mine and Y/N's from his hands whilst scowling:

"I'm gonna forget I saw that."

I heard Y/N behind me chuckling at me, but I ignored her and kept walking.

"Zuko, hey, wait up!"

As I slumped down near my uncle at the train station, Y/N jumped in between us and playfully put her arm around my shoulder,

"Cheer up! You're always so angry! I miss your smile!"

Then she ruffled my hair a bit and I covered my face as I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

So I suppose she's forgiven me for everything that happened. What a mess that was.

Jet sat himself beside me,

"So, you guys got plans once you're inside the city?"

Then a man with a cart yelled down the platform:

"Get your hot tea here! Finest tea in Ba Sing Se!"

Uncle raised his hand and yelled:

"Ooh! Jasmine please!"

As he took a sip he spluttered it out in disgust:

"Coldest tea in Ba Sing Se is more like it. What a disgrace!"

Then I felt a pat on my shoulder and Jet gestured for me to follow him:

"Hey. Can I talk to you for a second?"

I sighed before pulling myself up and following him.

"You and I have a much better chance of making it in the city if we stick together. You wanna join the freedom fighters?"

"Thanks, but I don't think you want me in your gang."

"Come on, we made a great team looting the captain's food. Think of all the good we could do for these refugees. Your girlfriend is more than welcome to join too."

I glanced back to Y/N who was fiddling around with one of her arrows, then turned back to sit with her and bluntly replying,

"I said no."

When I got back to them I saw uncle holding his "cold tea" which was now piping hot, I smacked it out of his hands and aggressively whispered:

"What are you doing fire bending your tea? For a wise old man, that was a pretty stupid move."

Y/N glanced towards us and raised her eyebrow before uncle looked down at the cup on the floor, drooping his eyes:

"I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea but- it's just so sad!"

I groaned before slumping down beside Y/N, she patted my shoulder but didn't say anything.

She's smart, I'm sure she knows how stupid uncle's actions were just then, she's probably just refraining herself from saying anything out of respect. 

"LAST CALL FOR BA SING SE!"

I jumped up and pulled Y/N up from behind me, then all three of us got onto the train. Uncle sat beside a family with a newborn baby, I sat beside him and Y/N sat beside me.

He cooed at the child before complimenting the parents,

"What a handsome baby!"

"Thank you!"

I turned to Y/N as my uncle chatted with the family and asked her,

"So, what's your plan?"

She raised an eyebrow at me and responded,

"I'm not too sure what you mean."

"Well, uncle and I have to lay low for a while. You said you were here to make sure I didn't return home as a prisoner, now we're safely within the walls of Ba Sing Se, so what happens now?"

"Oh, Lee, so desperate to get rid of me!"

She feigned.

"No I-"

She poked me in my side and chuckled,

"I'm teasing! Well, I promised you that you'd return home, I can't just leave you in the middle of the Earth Kingdom."

"But what about your duty? You're sixteen now, don't you have duty to the Fire Nation?"

"What better way to fulfil my duty than to serve a member of the royal family."

I hung my head and turned away,

"I'm the banished prince, I doubt this even counts."

She placed her hand on my knee and smiled as I turned to her,

"Oh, Zuk- Lee, before anything, you're my best friend. It doesn't matter what happens with us, what duty I have, nor does it matter how many times you push me away, there is no way I'm leaving you behind again."

I felt my heart race.

"I- um- thank you, Y/N- no, I mean Yara."

She nodded before turning to the window behind us,

"Wow, what beautiful sight!"

I slowly nodded but my eyes were fixated on her, she was a beautiful sight.

She is by far the most captivating girl I've laid eyes on in my life.

After a few moments, I broke my stare that I was holding on her and joined her in admiring the city...

We were really here... we were in Ba Sing Se.