45 | Wrong drawer

That blanket looks so comfy. Thanks @honey.crisp.luv for the poster!

Chapter 45: Wrong drawer

Bianca Rodriguez always looked dressed for a VSCO moment. I'll give her that.

She was in a navy mini skirt, tight white shirt and navy cardigan. She even carried a matching handbag. There's no way a textbook could fit in that handbag, but maybe that's irrelevant.

Maybe I'm just missing the point of school.

Cearra and I were chatting beside her locker when I saw Bianca. She saw me and began walking towards me. That's never happened before.

"OK don't look now," Cearra said, standing in front of me and staring at someone behind me, "But your ex-boyfriend is walking towards you."

"Really? Because my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is walking towards us too," I replied.

It's like they coordinate these moments.

"One...two...." Cearra counted, "Three."

We both turned around at the same time.

It took me a moment of staring at a sea of students before I recognized Kaden. Staring from one ex to another... it struck me how different Luke and I were for each other.

"Queen Bee has been distracted," Cearra reported back to me, now keeping tabs on Bianca, "We can make a run for it."

"What do you think he wants?" I asked out loud, focused on the ball of bad energy heading towards us.

Cearra offered her opinion, "Hm, what to ask your girlfriend after you break up? Maybe he's looking for some feedback."

I answered, "How not to be a di-"

"Millie," Austin intervened, "It sounded like you were about to swear."

I don't know where Austin came from, but I was relieved to see him.

He must have seen us spinning 180 degrees for no apparent reason. Cearra and I had just been cornered... by Medusa on one side and demon spawn on the other. 

He looked in the direction I was staring at and sighed, "Him again? I can't go anywhere without seeing him anymore."

"Me neither," I said, "It's like a nightmare that won't stop."

"I'll stop it," Austin said and walked ahead of me, intercepting Kaden's path.

I couldn't hear what he said but he pressed his hand firmly on Kaden's shoulder and stopped him in his path. Demon spawn averted. If only Austin could take on her next.

Luke had decided to stay friends with Bianca. But me and Kaden... As far as I was concerned, we had nothing in common anymore.

I glanced over at Cearra who was staring longingly at Austin. Not subtle.

"Your future boyfriend is a hero," I teased.

She said, "I wish he could save us from her too."

I can't decide who I dread to see more. Kaden or Bianca... spinach or kale.

"Watch her call out my age," I predicted.

Bianca always finds a way to mention how I'm 'just a junior.'

Finally, Bianca stopped in front of us and we faced up to her. Actually, not that far up. With her heels on, Bianca wasn't taller than me.

"Hello Millie and Millie's friend," Bianca greeted us.

"Hello Beeanca," Cearra greeted her back, with an equally judgmental tone.