DANCING QUEEN | JJ MAYBANK

Your seventeenth birthday was tomorrow and your friends wanted to do something special due to your obsession not just with the number but also mamma mia! and the dancing queen song you would always be singing nonstop. Not later after you went home that evening they made up a plan that worked out for everyone. It was going to be just Pope, Kiara, John B, Sarah, JJ and you at John B's house. They all had their assignments to make sure everything go well, Kiara and Sarah were the ones in charge of the food, Pope said he'll take care of the drinks, John B promised to clean up the place and finally, JJ offered to distract you during the day to which everyone agreed was a good idea.

As you got out of the shower you walked to your room to put on some pjs, your phone started buzzing. After pressing the button on the side of it, the screen went on almost blinding you, and three messages from JJ appeared, they were voice tapes. You unblocked it, touched on the notifications and started listening to them while brushing your hair.

"uhm hi! it's JJ" there was a little pause "of course you know who it is" another pause "listen, tomorrow is your birthday! and you probably knew that too, but the point is, uhm" you laughed at how he lost his focus once again "shit i forgot what i was going to say" that was the end of the first audio, instantly the second one started playing "oh right! i don't really know if you have plans for tomorrow, but uhm, if you do i'm sorry but you have to cancel them baby-girl, uhm i'll pick you up at ten a.m i know it's kinda early but you will know why, i have something fun planned, you'd have to wear a swimsuit or a bikini, it's not that i've noticed that you wear bikinis it's just that, uhm, whatever and please prepare some food, k? WE'RE GOING ON AN ADVENTURE KIDDO" the third and last audio went off through the speakers of your phone as you brushed your teeth "also, uhm, could you please let me know when you got this? it's not a secret that my Wi-Fi is shit but i was too lazy to write all that, uhm, love you and see you tomorrow!" you smiled at how cute JJ could be.

You typed a response "i didn't have anything planned so this is very much appreciated pretty boy, ten a.m is not early you lazy ass man, i'll make some sandwiches for us, i do use bikinis btw :)"

You got under your sheets and picked up your computer from the floor so you could watch at least one episode of one day at a time before going to sleep. Your phone buzzed again, indicating that JJ had answered, this time it was a short text "ok but, did you get my audios?" you mentally rolled your eyes at the silliness of your best friend and started recording an audio "JJ, my love, of course i got your audios, if i hadn't i would've never answered to you, common sense hun, common sense" JJ smiled when he listened to your voice saying the words my love and hun, he barely cared about how stupid he had been, he was happy because you just called him love.

You woke up without needing an alarm due to the sun entering your window at nine in the morning. You had no idea of what were JJ's plans but you did as he said, put on a black bikini, prepared some sandwiches for you two to eat, and threw some stuff on your usual backpack, such as a towel, suncream, sunglasses and of course a little waterproof speaker.

Five minutes before ten a.m you heard someone yell your name, assuming it was JJ, you ran out your house to find him on John B's boat; now you started having and idea of what you were going to do the whole day and you loved it.

"how's my dancing queen?" he asked you while extending his hand towards for you to grab. "I'm excited about all of this to be honest!" you admitted while jumping inside the boat.

"happy birthday kiddo" JJ said as he hugged you, and of course you hugged him back. "thank you" you answered while breaking the warm and cozy hug you were in.

He started to drive away, and you two talked all the way until you arrived to where JJ wanted to take you. You loved that boy so much, he was the first kid who ever talked to you in kindergarten, you and your family had moved to the island in the middle of the school year; you perfectly remember how easily but yet kind he approached you, asking what your name was and smiling at you when you shyly answered.

You knew him better than the back of your hand, sometimes you wished everyone could get to know the soft and caring JJ you've always known, but at the same time, you like that he was his true self just around you; 'cause that way you realized that he actually trusted you and you must be doing something well due to how freely open he was. Of course you didn't liked when he got into fights, especially the ones with his dad, but you appreciated him choosing you to be the one to take care of him after they happened.

JJ stopped the boat once you had arrived at a tiny island you and your friends would sometimes go. He turned and looked at you while smiling, being proud of how good everything was turning out.

"and?" he opened his arms "do you like it? i mean, it's not the most fun place in the earth but we can make it fun" you both laughed.

"i love it!" you said as you climbed out of the boat with JJ's help "thank you, for all of this JJ, you don't have and idea of how happy you're making me today" he smiled at you.

"only the best i can for the best woman i know" he said as you both laid down on the sand.

The day went by at the speed of light. You laughed at lot at each other stupid jokes and danced around to dancing queen more times than you thought. JJ dragged you to the water were you spent almost two hours, ate all of the sandwiches and drank the few beer bottles he had brought. After countless begs and promises you convinced JJ to learn a TikTok dance with you, you taught him the moves of Adore You by Harry Styles, the singer was another of the things you never stopped talking about along with mamma mia! and Ryan Gosling; when he finally learnt it you filmed you two doing it and saved it to post it whenever you had better signal.

"we should get going" JJ said, and you turned your head, which was laying on his lap, towards him and nodded, the sun was starting to set making a beautiful mix of oranges, pinks and yellows in the sky "we have to drop the boat at John B's" he told you.

On your way back JJ asked to take some selfies of you two with the beautiful sky on your backs and made you promise you would send them all to him.

When you arrived at JB's house your best friend asked you to come with him inside the house so John could say hi to you. But as soon as you stepped inside all your friends screamed happy birthday, except for Pope who yelled dancing queen; thing you all laughed about for the rest of the night.

The party was basically all of you dancing to dancing queen even more while drinking lots of beers and eating the homemade pizza Sarah and Kiara made. By three a.m everyone was drunk and JJ was filling your face with kisses while repeating how much he loved you again and again.

Words could never express how fucking much you loved them.