BONUS

"Hey, Marinette." said Adrien, "I sorta have a question, but you don't have to answer it."

"Okay?" Marinette asked, curious, "What is it?"

"How did your parents meet?" he asked.

"Oh!" she giggled, "That's fine. I have no problem answering that."

Adrien sighed in relief. "I was afraid it was too personal or it made you uncomfortable."

"No. Not at all." Marinette suggested, "I must have asked Maman a dozen times before it became a bedtime story."

"When Maman was close to our age, she traveled with her Uncle to the States. They lived in Metropolis for awhile and they would go to the farmer's markets. At one of them, she met the Kent's." Marinette began.

"Aww." Adrien cooed.

"Daddy had just had his heart broken by a close friend and was using the summer to get over her. They ended up hanging out and had a summer romance." She continued.

"Sounds romantic" Adrien spoke up and Marinette nodded.

"Well, when summer ended, her and my Great Uncle moved to Paris. Maman signed up for culinary school. After two months of being in Paris, Maman found out she was pregnant with me and my Great Uncle was furious. He made her call the Kents so she could tell Dad, but it didn't work out like he planned." She explained.

"What happened?" He asked.

"When Maman called, the Kents were surprised to hear from her. They told her that Dad had moved out to the city for university. Maman didn't want to ruin his future and apologized before quickly hanging up. My Great Uncle didn't understand why she hadn't told them. She only told him that he had moved away.

That year, during Christmas, Grandpa and Grandma Kent told Daddy that Maman had called to talk a little after the move. He was curious and asked if they had written the number down. Grandma had written it down just in case. Dad called and my Great Uncle answered. Right away, he started yelling at him about him being reckless, irresponsible, horrible person." Marinette spoke.

"Did your dad know why?" Adrien questioned.

"Nope. Dad finally asked what was going on and if he upset him. He wanted to know why and apologize. Maman's uncle yelled at him about getting Maman pregnant and leaving her to care for the child on her own, disgracing her and the family.

Daddy was shocked and asked to speak with Maman, but my Great Uncle said she was at school.

Daddy said he'd be on the first flight he could and hung up before her uncle could say anything else." she stated.

"Wow!" he exclaimed.

"My grandparents asked if everything was alright. Daddy told them he was going to Paris to meet Maman and that she was pregnant. They were shocked. Maman had called six months before." she spoke.

"So you were almost ready to be born?" Adrien asked.

She nods.

"They asked him if he was ok. Dad said he was confused and shocked. He was gonna be a dad, but he was in the states and had school. Maman was in Paris with me. He wasn't sure what to do or what was gonna happen. Grandpa told him it was ok to be confused and that Maman probably was too. Dad was sad because Maman had to deal with everything by herself.

Dad showed up in Paris and this time, Maman was shocked."

"Your Great Uncle didn't tell her?" he asked.

Mari shook her head.

"He didn't believe Dad. He didn't think he would show up. During those six months, Maman met Papa Tom and they started dating. She was honest with him about me."

"What happened with your dad, Mother and Tom?" Adrien asked.

"Well, Dad was shocked to meet Tom and Maman explained she had met someone else who made her happy and shared her dreams. That was when Dad confessed that he found out he was Bi and liked guys more. Maman told him it was fine and she was okay with that. That she would like to remain friends. She started asking him if he found anyone new. It turned into this big reunion.

Maman brought Dad home and everything unraveled. Her uncle got upset that she never told him or tried to contact them again. He apologized to Daddy for yelling at him. Daddy said he understood that Maman was in love with someone else and that he was okay with that. He just wanted to be able to spend time with me and when I was old enough, that I was able to visit my family in the states for holidays." Marinette answered.

"What holidays do you spend with them?" Adrien questioned.

"Thanksgiving, mostly." she answered.

Adrien just looked at her confused.

"It's like a giant family feast that I go to in November so I can spend Christmas with Maman and Papa Tim, but Daddy and his family send gifts. Usually, I spend my summers with Dad since he's really busy with work." Marinette stated.

"And Damian." Adrien chuckled, causing Marinette to pout and punch him on the shoulder.

"Ow! You're strong." he winced and rubbed his shoulder.

'Uh-oh. Better tell Dad later. As if it wasn't bad enough that my body is trying to fly and I trip over my own feet or my vision is extra-ordinary, but it does help with my sewing. Now I have super strength. Thanks, Dad.'

"Um, Maman told me that Dad was there when I was born. My full legal name is Marinette Ella Dupain-Cheng." she smiled.

"Why not Kent?" Adrien asked.

"Daddy said he was okay with only giving me a middle name since he knew I would spend most of my time with Papa Tom and Maman. He felt it was wrong to add Kent since they were gonna be married. Dad was even there for their wedding and took their wedding photos." she smiled.

"Your family is awesome, Marinette!" Adrien said, amazed, "Can I go to Thanksgiving with you this year?"

"If your father lets you, I don't think my family will mind." she smiled.