Chapter 28

I was walking down the hall with Marcus beside me. We had just finished the press conference and some of them were mostly interested about the drama that just happened few minutes ago.

The rest of the companies will be arriving tomorrow with their models. The judges from France are to be arrived on the first day.

The girls will be residing in the floor below us. They were amateur models that we selected from three rounds in the auditions.

The purpose of the contest is to highlight each companies brand and to make these young people shine. It's every inexperienced model's dream to get into the contest to prove their value since a bright future is waiting for them after this. The contest will be streamed all around the country like a reality show.

The boys will be residing at the other end of the ship since drama is expected. And I made sure Clara's room was far away from them.

I haven't talked to Marcus since the kiss. We were both busy preparing for the conference but now it all ended and all I wanted was to shrink back to the other end of the world.

I was following Marcus and didn't pay attention to where he was going.

"We are here"

I looked up to see where we are and we were nowhere near our room. We were at the restaurant in the top floor.

Marcus kept his hand on my back and led me to the table near the railing. I sat down, surprised as why he was bringing me here. Today he caught me off guard several times. First the kiss and then this romantic dinner date or maybe just dinner would be the appropriate word.

"Why are we here?"

"To eat obviously"

"Of course silly me" I laughed sarcastically but before I could embarrass myself further the waiter came with the menu.

We ordered a bottle of wine with our food. I was staring at the sunset the entire time unable to meet his eyes. I felt his eyes on me while we were waiting for our food.

He cleared his throat pulling me out of my trance.

"The food is here" He gestured to the plates on the table.

"Oh cool. Let's dig in"

I took the cutlery in my hand but I dozed off staring at Marcus's plate. It was full of vegetables. No meat at all.

Does it take time for vegetarian people to process their feelings?

"Stop staring at my plate" He said with a small laugh.

"I'm not staring at your plate" I said while still staring at his plate as my heart questioned my brain.

He snapped his fingers before my eyes. And I jumped back startled.

"What was that for ?" I scrunched up my nose in annoyance.

"You were staring at my food" He said in an obvious tone with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"What food?"

He raised his eyebrows questioningly and pointed to the food on his plates.

"The food arrived?" I asked dumbfounded as I stared at the plates before me. Holy moly how did the food suddenly appear on the table. I was sure that it wasn't here a moment ago and then I looked at my hands to see that I was holding a knife and a fork. When did I hold this?

"You ok?"

"What? Me? Oh I'm always ok" I gave him a Cheshire grin trying to hide how dumb I look right now.