Man Down

*Heyyyy. First things first. Don't forget to vote and comment. Secondly, if it's Italicized then it's Melinda in therapy. If it's Bold and Italicized then it's a flashback. Enjoy our newest venture and secure them wigs because babaaaaayyyyy. Yall not even ready😈😈*

Looking over the balcony, Melinda slowly walked towards the stairs finding it strange that Derrick had yet to respond to her calling his name. It didn't make it better that their Rottweiler Beaux had been growling and barking nonstop in the midst of the thunder roaring outside. Going down a few steps she heard something get bumped. "Derrick....... Derrick.......Der-" Her words cut off when she saw Robert standing in the living room just before Derrick rushed him, knocking him down. "DERRICK!!" She screamed as she ran downstairs. The two tussled on the floor, a vase falling off the end table. Realizing that yelling was getting her nowhere, she remembered a vital piece of information that could help in this situation.

Running over to the china cabinet, she reached behind it, grabbing the loaded gun that was behind it. Her hands shook as she cocked it back and pointed it at Robert. "Get off him!" She yelled, trying to steady her hands. "You gone shoot me now? Huh? ANSWER ME!" she squeezed her eyes shut, random tears falling down her face. When she opened them, he was a couple feet from in front of her, ready to snatch the gun from her hands. She pulled the trigger, aiming too high, pissing him off even more. If you were going to shoot at him, at least don't miss the kill shot.

He growled, grabbing the gun and pulling her towards him. A frantic scream left her soul when he back handed her, knocking the gun from her hands. She fell to the ground clutching her 4 month belly. He smirked at her, not even pretending as if he didn't already know. "You think that's finna save you? Huh? Nah that means nothing to me. It's not mine anyways. I don't want it," he hissed bending down and grabbing the weapon. She whimpered feeling the cold barrel against her skin. "Please....... please don't hurt my baby," she begged and pleaded. "Your baby....your fucking baby," he repeated, cynically nodding.

Hearing Derrick grunt as he stood up, Robert fired, hitting Derrick in the shoulder. Melinda wailed as she saw Derrick fall back, pushing Robert back as she ran to her injured man. She put pressure on the wound, babbling uncontrollably as she cried. "You're going to be okay. You hear me baby? You're going to be okay!" Robert rolled his eyes as he stomped towards her, snatching her by her thick tresses. She screamed, kicking her feet trying to get free as he pulled her towards the front door. A pounding sound alerted Mel, praying that Beaux got free from the closed room. "Owwwww!!!! BEAUX!!" She screamed out hearing the cracking sound of the door.

Once Robert got the first lock turned, the sound of a hole being bulldozed in the door before he could even turn the doorhandle on the front door. The sound of Beaux snarling filled Robert's ears as he let go of Melinda's hair, aiming at the dog. Missing the first 2 shots, Robert began to panic, not noticing Melinda crawl off. He yelled when Beaux latched onto leg, dragging him to the ground, his leg bleeding as the dog's lock jaw dug deeper into his flesh. Getting the gun turned around, Robert fired at Beaux. The last whimper of the dog made Melinda whimper into her hands. "FUCKKKK!!!" she jumped, making her way to the kitchen.

Panic filled the air as Melinda crouched down behind the counter. How did she end up running for her life? Her hands shaking as she tried to pull herself together. She needed to at least do that and quick before she lost her life. Spotting the house phone, she crawled over to it praying it would work. "Call 911. Pleaseeee work. God please," she silently begged as she hit 'talk' button. When she didn't hear a dial tone she angrily threw it. What the hell was she going to do now? A dark chuckle in the distance filled her ears making her spin around, trying to figure out where he was. "I'm guessing you noticed I cut all the power," Robert voiced as he walked down the stairs.