Chapter 33

"Are you done?" Lauren questions the little one as she kneels down before her, bringing both hands up to wipe off wet cheeks.

Camila sniffles as she nods her head. Yeah. She was done.

Lauren smiles, "good. Do you know why mama put you in the corner?" She eases the tiny frame into her arms when she sees her attempt not so subtle attempt at getting close, brushing away several wet strands of hair.

"Yes mama. Was bad" Camila's hand creeps down here mothers shirt to rest on her breast.

Lauren allows this and continues, "no mija, you weren't bad. You just made some not so good decisions" she corrects, "when mama tells you something, she expects you to listen. Mama was only trying to get dinner ready"

It was only then at her words did the little one notice the burn on her hand, "mama..." she trails off brokenheartedly, a sob bubbling up in the back of her throat.

She had hurt mama.

"No no, it's okay no more tears" Lauren pulls her close, patting her padded behind.

"But...but mama-"

"No baby. It's okay."

Camila's bottom lip trembles anyway, "sorry mama. I-I sorry" despite her mother's reassuring words, she lets out a sob and buries her head into her neck.

Rising up to her feet bringing the girl with her, Lauren speaks, "it's okay baby. Mama forgives you, it's all okay" she leaves one arm under to support her whilst bringing the other up to cup the back of her head.

Letting out a cough, Camila manages a deep breath and reluctantly pulls herself out of the safety of Lauren's arms, "I didn't mean to" she whispers, a single tear falling from her eye.

"I know sweetheart. I know it was just an accident"

"Help?" The teary girl asks, pulling the injured hand between the two and pressing a kiss to it.

Lauren smiles at the gesture, "help with what baby?"

Camila lightly taps the burn not seeing Lauren's wince at the action, "go fix?" She almost begs.

"Okay" Lauren nods, getting a gist of what the girl meant.

She carries her through to the bathroom and sets her down onto the counter before handing her the first aid kit from the cabinet.

Camila needs a little help picking out what was needed, but as soon as she had it, she pushes Lauren's helping hands away and gets to work on making her mama better.

She starts with some disinfectant, and after she was sure there was enough on the would, ( a little more than necessary Lauren notes) she grabs a rather large bandaid and covers it up, patting it gently.

Lauren watches her endearingly until she looks up signaling she was done.

"Better?" The toddler asks hopefully.

The older woman lifts her back up into her arms, "much my good girl. Thank you for helping mama feel better" she praises, pressing a kiss to her head.

Although Camila knew she would still feel guilty for a long time, she accepts the praise and settles comfortably against her mama's chest.

*

"Mama?"

Lauren looks up from running the girls bath, "yes my love?" She places down the strawberry scented bubble magic that Camila has oh so graciously named for her.

Camila looks away an anxiously for a second, "you too?" She gestures shyly to the tub.

Oh. That was something she'd never asked before.

Biting her bottom lip for a second, she walks over to the youngster and cups her cheek deciding on what she should say. The look of rejection was automatic from Camila when no words were immediately spoken, but Lauren, as always, was quick to make it go away.

"Sure baby"

Camila grins happily.

After stopping the water, Lauren strips off the girl and sets her into the tub. She only hesitates for a second, but soon her clothes were off and she too was settled in the water.

Camila wasn't as all fazed by the nudity and was quick to get to work with the bath crayons. Her lack of concern soon eases Lauren's nerves and she joins her little girl, the two drawing, together, what seemed to be space.

Or well. The universe. She didn't really know.

"Let mama wash your hair" Lauren grasps the girl by the waist and pulls the girl backwards onto her lap.

The girl settles easily letting her mama do what she had to do, and she was soon playing again whilst the woman washed herself.

After she was done, Camila looks at her shyly for a second before crawling onto her lap. Lauren was well aware of what she wanted and was soon adjusting her so she had easy access, her arm settling around the girl keeping her close.

"Mama has work tomorrow..." she starts, brushing Camila's hair away from her face as she suckles calmly, "you know what that means? Mhhh"

The girl swallows a mouthful of milk before nodding and continuing nursing.

Yes. Sadly. She did. Mama had to leave for a while.

"I know baby" Lauren soothes pressing a lingering kiss to her head, "but it's only for a couple of hours and I know your family really miss you"

She had an appointment tomorrow. With a client. She thought now that the girl was settled, getting back to work was important. Even if it was only part time so she had a little extra money put to the side.

Camila anxiously pulls the breast she wasn't nursing from as close as she possibly could to her.

"Shhh. I know. There all yours you don't have to worry about that." She subtly takes a breath of relief when the girls possessive grip eases obviously reassured by her mothers words.

"They're off limits to anybody but you. Mama's all yours baby"

She knew the girl worried about that. Somebody else joining their little family. But that wasn't ever to happen unless that was something they both wanted.

Nodding softly, Camila's eyes begin to flutter closed as she curls up as close as she possibly could to her mama.

**

I'm not sure if I should bring somebody else in, should I?

If I do, who should it be? Any suggestions? It could be absolutely anyone.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!