Chapter 25

The door bell rang and Claire stood up to get it. It was a pizza boy.
"For Mr Michael Njama." The boy said.

"I'll take it."
She took the box and went back in to find Chantel sobbing.

"Now, you're gonna make me angry if you don't stop now. It's me whose home is going down the drain so just stop it."

"But its not fair. People who don't have sisters pray to have one and look what a sister is doing here. I don't just like it.'

"Okay. I understand but you're not encouraging me at all. If you're crying for me, what will I do then? Listen, life isn't fair to all of us. I never thought my own sister would do this to me but this is it happening life. I feel bad, trust me, I do but then, God wants me to to add this to my story that is why I'm going through it. Let me send his pizza to him."
She stood up only to see him standing few feets away.

She wondered how long he's been standing there.

"A delivery for you.' She dropped the box and turned to Chantel.

" I'll change into something else so we can step out."

Chantel nodded and she left the sitting room.

*************
He was the wrong one.
He had ruined his home with his hands.
But he won't give up now. He would make things right and get his wife back. He looked at Chantel and his heart melted.
His wife never kept any friend outside her customers. He had stopped her from doing a lot of things and looking back now, he knew he had been selfish.
He did more of the hanging out with his own friends while she stayed at home, cooking whatever his heart desired.
He had not been fair to Claire but he would make up for it all.

************
Why was he standing there like a lost calf?
She hated him now. How can a man so intelligent and handsome be so shameless as to destroy the relationship between sisters?
If Claire won't address the issue on social medias, she would do that for her.
She picked her phone and quickly logged into her twitter account.

"And I was and still here at the Njama house. @mikeNJ, karma would come looking for you for going after your wife's kid sister, getting her pregnant and asking @official_clairejiji for a divorce when she's ready to move mountains for you."

She sent the tweet but wasn't satisfied.

"The world will judge you when they do not know your story. @official_clairejiji, we only live once. If he had the mind to get into your baby sister's pants, give him the divorce and get remarried ASAP."

************
"Let's go babes."
Claire was dressed in a Jean trouser and white baggy polo.

"Where to?" Chantal asked, standing up.

"Anywhere. The mall, hair stylist, anywhere."
She picked her car key and brushed past Micheal.

"Uhm. Claire, I would want us to talk when you come back." He muttered.

"That is nice cause I also have something to tell you." Claire replied.

"Okay then. Have fun."

"Thank you.'

She signaled to Chantel and they left the house.

************
"Here's the pizza you asked for.' He threw it on the dinning table.
He had sat down, thinking up different plans on how to approach Claire with an apology when Amara came down, went straight to the kitchen and came back to the dinning with a plate of golden morn.

"But I don't want the pizza. Lost my appetite for it."

"You're not serious. You can't waste money like this in my house. Make sure you eat that pizza or better still, look for someone who'll eat it. That money won't waste."
He matched upstairs angrily.