Compensation

A/n: boring chapter sorry

"Well, that didn't work." You grumbled to your colleagues and your boss.

"Are you okay?" Jerome asked you as Bambi inspected your face for any injuries.

"Damn it, he didn't hit me. He's smart not to leave any evidence of abuse." You struck your desk with your hand in frustration.

"...well, at least you're okay." Bambi placed his hands on his hips.

"His car was kinda totalled, though."

"What happened?" Asey asked as she chews on a candy bar.

"He missed a red light and rammed into a car— well, it's more like a car rammed into his." You explained before taking a sip of your drink.

"No wonder a headlight looks busted when he dropped you off." (F/n) cuts in.

You brought your hands to your head and groaned in frustration, you wanted to get out of this so badly. But Marion just wouldn't take the bait.

"Nice shoes, by the way." Asey pointed at them with a pinkie finger.

"Thanks."

You ignored the incessant ringing on your phone. You're planning to skip lunch so you wouldn't have to face Marion.

You kept a straight face on as you tapped away.

"Yo, he's gonna gut you." Asey pointed at your noisy device.

"Tell him I'm takin' the biggest shit in my life. Can't join him today." You gave Asey a dismissive wave before turning your phone off.

You're so sick of Marion. You're planning to anger him enough to inflict some physical pain so that you could use the bruise or cut as evidence that he's trying to kill you. That is how desperate you now are, you knew that you're risking your life, but you just wanted to be free from him.

You told your friends that if you did not call them by seven P.M tonight, they should ring the police up.

You're tired of living in fear. You're tired of his mood swings, you're tired of your past and you're tired of Marion.

Sighing, you stood up and stretched your limbs. Time for a genuine bathroom break.

But before you could go very far...

"(Y/n)! Check it out!" (F/n) gestured you to come to her, a small crowd is gathering around this one particular spot. Your other co-workers are trying to get a good view of what's happening outside too.

"Huh?" You made a small jog to the hotspot. Squeezing your way through, you saw Marion's car in front of the building. Nothing new.

"What's up—" then, the brunette emerged into view with a closed-off body language. You flinched at the sight of him.

After that, you heard some yelling. Not exactly... yelling, but it was loud and aggressive. The voice did not belong to Marion, so who is possibly making that noise?

If a fight breaks out in front of your workplace because of Marion, you're done for. You're so going to get in trouble with HR.

You stomp your feet for a bit before bolting to the elevator, knowing that you're the only one that can disperse the fight.

"—cash ain't enough, dude! It was your fault, bro. You gotta apologize to my buddy Thor here!" The foreign voice reached your ears when the elevator door opened.