Chapter 26 - Mila

For the first time in my life, I am relaxed and happy when I get up in the morning. And I mean actual morning. I get up at six AM from Hayden's texts every single day, and I smile so, so brightly when I read them.

Good morning, Lucky. I don't know about you, but I slept like a baby last night. Even though I would've loved to wake up next to you.

Ever since that first evening, it's been continuous nights of sexting, heated phone calls, or very sexy pictures. It seems like we're so desperately craving the other that even though it's Thursday already and I'll see him in two days, it still feels like I need to see him now to survive.

Good morning, Cash. I had a great night too, actually. And I wish I could've woken up next to you, as well. I take my phone with me when I sneak into the kitchen to start my morning coffee, feeling energized already.

I'm surprised you're up already. There a reason?

Well, there's this guy... I can't help but grin when I start the coffee machine, the heavenly smell immediately lingering in our kitchen.

What guy?

You know... Just thinking of him makes my heart swell, and I couldn't stand lying in that bed without him next to me, so I'm giving this early morning a try. For once.

It takes a few minutes for the next message to appear on my phone, and I'm patiently sipping my coffee by the time it rolls in. I really fucking hope you're talking about me, here, Mila.

Who knows...? I catch myself grinning as I send the reply.

That's not even remotely funny.

Sorry, I didn't think you'd need confirmation of that, Mr. Cross. I seriously didn't. He demonstrated his possessiveness already, which was mind-blowingly sexy in itself. But never in my life did I think a man looking like him would worry about other men in the life of a woman like me.

Hell yes, I fucking do. I have a heart too, you know. His reply makes me smile, because I already know Hayden has a soft core.

I know. But there's nothing to worry about. It's not like the men are lining up on my doorstep to go out with me.

I don't think you know what kind of effect you have on the straight male population. Again, he just knows what to say, knows what I feel. Never in my life have I felt so beautiful, so seen, so appreciated.

Maybe you need to teach me, Mr. Cross.

Fucking hell, Mila. I'm on my way to the morning show. Could you not give me a hard-on ten minutes before I get there?

I take a sip of my coffee, the heat of it nothing compared to how hot I feel again, already, for this man. Sorry... Well, not really.

You're learning, Lucky. I like it.

You're an excellent teacher, Mr. Cross. I'm full-on blushing when I send the reply, though I can't deny that teasing him is a lot of fun.

Oh, you have no idea what you just did.

Maybe I do. Have fun with that interview.

Please don't leave me if there's a scandal about me going on live television with the biggest boner ever.

I don't even know if he realizes what he just wrote there, but his words wake up all those butterflies within me as I type my reply. Promise.