The Silver BMW

I follow behind Liam, gripping his shirt in my hand as he busts through the ER doors. Jackson was pacing side to side in the lobby. I pointed across the hall to him.

He saw us coming down the hall and ran straight to Liam.

"I tried to stop her! I tried to stop her, I swear!" Jackson was crying and tugging on Liams shirt.

"What happened?" Liam pulled Jackson off of him and steadied him face to face.

"We left the dock and she was really upset, she started driving really fast and saying that no one cared about her and I tried to get her to slow down," he blinked his eyes at high speed and his breathing quickened, "Then we came up on a curve, and she just kept going straight." He was looking at Liam, but his eyes were staring straight through. Liam wrapped him in a hug and told him it wasn't his fault.

If it was anyone's fault, it was mine. I had betrayed her.

"What have the doctors said? Have you called my mom or dad?"

Jackson shook his head, "I tried calling you, but Sarah's phone died and I don't have their numbers, so I called Emilie. They haven't told me anything because I'm not family."

Liam sprinted to the reception desk demanding to speak with the doctor taking care of his sister, within minutes they took him back.

Jackson sat in the chair beside me, and held my hand.

"She is going to be okay."

"This is all my fault."

He pulled me into a hug, "You are not the reason why she did this. You cannot blame yourself."

It felt like hours had passed before Liam appeared back into the lobby, he immediately grabbed my hands and helped me to my feet.

"They are running some tests, but she is stable."

I gasped in relief, and wrapped my arms around him, "Thank God, are you okay?"

"Was she taking drugs?"

I pulled back from him, confused, "What?"

He tucked my hair behind my ear, "Was she taking drugs?"

I shook my head, "Not that I know of,  besides the occasional habit of smoking weed at school."

"They found drugs in her bloodstream."

He looked over at Jackson who stood, "I didn't know she was taking, I swear. She literally showed up at my house acting crazy and told me that I had to go with her."

Liam's jaw tensed, "Did Justin give them to her?"

"Woah, woah," Jackson put his hand up, "My brother is a lot of things, but he is not a drug dealer. They haven't even been hanging out lately."

I bit the inside of my lip, "I bet I know who gave them to her..."

Both of their eyes were on me, but I needed to talk to Sarah first.

"Will they let me talk to her?"

Liam looked me up and down, "She probably isn't in the talking mood, but you need to tell me what's going on."

"I need to make a phone call."

I pull my phone out of my pocket and walk outside to a bench. I swipe through my contacts until I find the one I am looking for. The phone rings a few times before I hear an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Emilie."

"Is everything okay? It's like 1 in the morning..."

"Not really, but I need to ask you a question."

"Okay?..."

"Did you ever see Jett deal drugs?"

"What?"

I took a deep breath, "This is really important.. did you ever see him deal drugs?"

There was silence on the other end of the line for a minute, "This one time, we drove to the abandoned gas station going out of town. We met up with this guy in a silver BMW from West Heights. They exchanged, and then we left. I don't know for sure who it was or what they exchanged, but it could have been drugs."

My heart stopped, I knew someone from West Heights who drove a silver BMW, "Thanks Charlotte, I will call you later."

I opened Instagram and typed AJ Vannatta into the search bar, immediately his profile popped up. One of the first ten pictures was him in front of his silver BMW. I screenshot the picture and send it to Charlotte: "Was this the guy?"

A few seconds later she texts back: "Not sure about the guy, but that was 100% the car."

Shit.

I go back into the lobby to find Liam and tell him what I had found out, but when I get there- both Liam and Jackson are gone.

"Um, excuse me," the receptionist looked up from her computer, "Do you know where the two guys over there went?"

The lady stared at me with no emotion, "No," and returned to typing on her computer. I call Liam, but no answer. One of the doctors come through the doors leading to the rooms, and I slide in before it shuts and locks. I had no idea what room number she was in, so I started searching each room. The sixth door or the left opened, and out stepped Liam.

"What are you doing back here?"

"I need to tell you something?"

"Not here," he grabs my hand and we walk down the hall to the hallway with the bathrooms, "What is it?"

"At first, I thought it was Jett.. so I called Charlotte-"

"Since when are you and Charlotte buddies?"

I put my hand up, "That's not the point, I called her to see if she knew anything about Jett dealing..."

"And?"

"And she told me that he took her to a deal once, at the abandoned gas station going out of town... he met with a West Heights student driving a silver BMW," I turn my phone around showing him the screenshot, "This silver BMW."

He took the phone from me and took a closer look, "It was him?"

I shook my head and shrugged, "We Don't know that for sure, but it could have been him or Benjamin that gave them to her.. maybe at the party?"

"Well let's find out."

I grab his arm as he walks away, "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to go find those motherfuckers."

"Liam, please, just think this through."

"I already have. I am going to go find them."

"And then what?"

He crossed his arms, "Get the information I need."

"How?"

He pushed his hair back, "The less you know, the better. So stop asking questions."

I wrapped my arms around him, "We can figure it out together."

He pulled my arms off of him, "This is for me to figure out. Stay here, my mom is on her way."

"Liam, no."

He pushed through the doors without looking back. My heart sank, but someone had to stay here. I waited in the lobby until Mrs. White arrived.

"Where is Liam?"