Chapter 18 - Walk of shame

Creeping out your one night stands apartment you sigh and walk down the stairs to the front door. Opening up the door, blinding sunlight and blaring horns make you grumble. A sleek black car pulls up in front of you making you roll your eyes.

"Get in," Getting in the backseat, Nat grins from the rear view mirror.

"How was it?" Wanda drags on the question.

"It was good," You say with a slight blush, the tower coming into view.

"You're in deep shit, everyone should be having breakfast right now, and they think you're asleep," Getting out the car you walk to the elevator.

"Great," Holding your heels tight you take out the flask just as you enter the elevator. Reaching the right floor you walk right to Thor and throw him his flask.

"Y/n..." You cringe and turn to Steve who looked close to bursting into flames.

"Hey, Stevie,"

"Don't you 'Hey, Stevie' me, young lady," Letting out a frustrated groan you avoid eye contact with Tony and Bucky.

"Switch off your mama bear mode for one second? Just for once?" You cross your arms making him frown. "I'm old enough to go out, drink and go home with whoever I want, deal with it," You say sternly making your brother blush with a disapproving glance.

"Want a-"

"No, I'm keeping this hangover, and don't worry, I have a morning after pill," You pat the Doctors head before kissing your brother on the cheek. "If you need me I'll be having a bath," You grab a plate of bacon and the bottle of apple juice (Or whatever juice you want) in the fridge. "Cheerio, bitches," You tip your imaginary hat and walk away to your room.

"Language!" Steve calls after you.

~~~

Soaking in the warm water, the suds and bubbles covering you. Listening to the soft music and munching on the crispy bacon you sigh with your eyes closed.

"Did it solve all your problems?" You snap your eyes open and turn to your bathroom door to see Tony leaning on the door.

"Tony! What the hell?!" You whisper shout as to not alert anyone, you quickly take more bubbles to cover yourself.

"Don't bother, I've already seen you naked," Rolling your eyes as he takes a strip of bacon. "So did it?"

"No, so what?" He chuckles.

"Figured..." As you both sit in silence he suddenly sighs. "I think I can make this easier for you..." Quirking a brow he walks closer and kneels beside you. giving you a soft kiss on the lips you seem to hold back a bit. He sighs once pulling back.

"Tony..." He looks down with a unsurprised smile.

"Don't worry, I know, you don't feel what you feel when you're with Barnes..."

"You don't feel what you feel when you're with Pepper?" He looks up with wide eyes. "Yeah, I noticed how close you two are... but don't worry, it's just like you said,"

"You will always be my snowflake, but I don't think we're right for each other," You chuckle and nod. "But hey, at least we sorted this out,"

"Thank god," you a raise a hand to his cheek. "Thank you, Tony,"

"No problem, Y/n,"

"Oh, and if you hurt Pepper I'll put you under the ice," He laughs nervously and nods. "Now get out of here before Steve whoops your ass," He salutes and walks out your room. Letting out a thankful sigh the peace was suddenly disturbed when your brothers yell filled the tower.

"STARK?! WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THERE?!" You chuckle and turn up the music.

~~~

Walking back from the library you open your bedroom door, not paying attention to anything. Dropping down on your bed, in your peripheral vision you notice a single rose petal and note.

"What are you doing here?" You pick up the note.

There are 12 petals. Try and find them all.

Raising a brow you scan your room and see the next petal. One by one you found them; under the desk; in your clothes basket; in the shower, by the window; on top of books, they kept on going. Eventually you found 11... but there was one more... researching your entire room you look under the desk and spot that the wallpaper was slightly peeled back.

"No way..." you peel back the entire wallpaper and see a ribbon. "You're kidding..." opening the safe you see the last petal and a note.

You must be wondering how I got in here but that doesn't matter, wear something nice and go to Central Park zoo at 7

Bucky x

With wide eyes you look at the time. It was 6 meaning one hour! Going to your closet you look around and notice the small box that you kept for special occasions, such as going to WWII events. Kneeling down you open the lid and take out a beautiful blue retro styled dress with roses on it. Along with its cropped jacket with elbow length sleeves you found your heels.

~~~

Honestly retro dresses give me so much life- also plus sized women in retro dresses is the most beautiful sight- I can't- the power they hold- too much power!

- Anna ❤️