chapter 21

KIKIOPE

Picture above is Jubilee 🖕

Introduce yourself," Mr. Adeyoyo ordered the new girl who stayed by his side, she had an innocent look but it was apparent that she wasn't innocent though beautiful, complimented with a pretty stature, surely, the boys would give her a warm welcome.

She rubbed her hand on her long hair before talking, "I'm Jubilee Coker."

Resounding applause erupted from the whole class as the boys kept on whistling.

"What kind of name is Jubilee Coker, Oga oo," Bimpe turned to me.

"I don't even know oo, some people are just so senseless, see the way those guys are already grinning and whistling," I commented while my eyes roamed around the class.

"Is that all about you?" Mr. Adeyoyo inquired.

"I'm the only daughter of D'la; the popular musician," noise filled the air at this as everyone started grumbling and murmuring.

"Popular or unpopular?" Bimpe commented.

"Someone that his popularity has gone down the drain, when last did he release a song?" I snickered.

Bimpe giggled, "Ahn, he released oo, the song didn't blow niii."

We both erupted into a mocking laughter.

"Bimpe and Kikiope, can you share what's making you guys laugh?"

Our laughter died down that instant as we turned to Mr. Adeyoyo with a small smile.

"Do you mind sharing it with us?" He continued.

"We were just talking about D'la" Bimpe and I responded in unison before bursting into laughter.

"And does my dad amuse you?" The new girl, no, Jubilee inquired. Seems this one has guts.

Bimpe and I shared a look before proceeding to talk but Mr. Adeyoyo beat us to it.

"Jubilee, you can seat with Tolani over there, there's an empty seat beside her."

Jubilee nodded before walking over to where he pointed at. Tolani quickly waved at her.

"So, as we all know, today is the last day for practice, next week is our Founder's day week, conclude all your preparations and everything, enjoy next week to the fullest but don't forget that the week after, real work for second term starts," he concluded before walking out of the class as the whole class grumbled.

Immediately he was out of sight, other students rushed over to Jubilee's seat.

"Some people are just so shameless," Bimpe dropped her pen as she turned to me.

"More than shameless gan, see the way the ADS patients are all over that stupid Jubilee, look at that foolish Abimbola."

We both turned to look at them and that Jubilee looked like someone enjoying the attention.

"Seems this second term is for new people, new teachers and corpers arrived yesterday and today, a new student?"

I shrugged.

"Even a new assembly ground is being constructed, I just hope they take long to complete it."

"Abi."

Just then I sighted Ann saunter into the class looking downcast, we'd noticed she'd been called to the principal's office yesterday and was also interrogated by Rebecca's parents, but we were unable to get hold of their discussion.