Chapter Fifteen

"Ouch! What was that for?" Scott rubbed the back of his head since I had just slapped him. Hard.

"For bringing your bodyguard to my house!" I hissed.

"You like Sean!" He took a step back still rubbing his head.

"Yeah...but still, Scott. It is a little mean to do that on your first-" I stopped myself before I blurted out, date. My eyes widened as I closed my mouth.

I mentally slapped myself...what the hell is wrong with me?

This could hardly be considered a date.

I mean, who has a date with her mother's friend's and her mother?

This time I did slapped myself.

Stop thinking about a date!

Actually...

Erase that damned word from your vocabulary...

Scott's chocolate eyes gazed at me amused, "all right?" He asked in that sexy British accent of his, "sheesh...you're so violent, even to yourself!" He blurted out before bursting out laughing.

I rolled my eyes, "Please. I didn't hit you hard."

"You did!" He whined. "At least you hit yourself too!" Scott smirked.

We weren't that close now, so I slapped him again but could only reach his shoulder. He was laughing again when my mom entered the kitchen.

Her green eyes almost popped out of her face when she realized that I had hit the Prince of England.

Please.

I rolled my eyes again.

"Emily! What are you doing?"

"Nothing, Mom" I muttered.

"That was not anything!" She added hurriedly, "Please forgive my daughter, Scott. It seems that she has forgotten her manners" she glared at me.

Scott was trying to hold his laughter, so he coughed a few times, "It's ok, Sarah. I started it" He gazed at me mischievously.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Bring it on, your highness, I thought sarcastically.

Mom cleared her throat, "well, I came in to see if you were making coffee?" her green eyes looked my way.

"Yes, Mom," I busied myself by washing all of the things for the new machine. Mom grabbed the dessert plates and the brownies and left with a small smile on her lips.

"You are in trouble, Missy" Scott sneered next to me as I took out the mugs from the counter.

I rolled my eyes again and ignored him. I was trying to hide my smile, though.

Honestly? I slapped him because having him that near was making me nervous. Good nervous. But I wasn't going to let that show. So, I did the next best thing, I slapped him remembering that I was kind of angry at him before my father called.

At the mere thought of my father, my stomach clenched in a bad way.

Sighing, I grabbed the coffee capsules and put them in the machine. As the coffee brewed, Scott helped me in silence. But I was pretty sure that he noticed my mood change, since there was a small frown drawn on his forehead as he grabbed the mugs and placed them in a neat row in front of the machine. Kate came a few seconds later and she helped us by taking the full mugs to the table.

While we were walking out of the kitchen, I tried to ignore the guilt I felt after my little outburst with Dad.

I knew he deserved it, but still...I was Daddy's girl...and even though I was hurt and angry at him I loved him...But I was just extremely angry at him.