THIRTY EIGHT - THE LAST CHAPTERS |PART ONE

"Ah-ha, I found it."  Azure exclaimed, finally locating her ID out of her small and cramped luggage.

It had taken a while, but she finally located the item that she needed in order to successfully check into the hotel.

"Alright Ms. Williams, here's your room key," The receptionist said as she sauntered back over to the desk, next placing a white card in her hand, "Enjoy your stay, and if you need anything dial 601."

"Okay, thank you."

Putting the card away, Azure gathered up the few bags she had at her feet and prepared to make her way to her room. She had been so occupied she hadn't realized Nico, who hadn't taken his eyes off of her  and was trailing closely behind her.

She pressed the button for up on the elevator, next patiently waiting for it to arrive.

"Excuse me," he finally spoke, startling her, "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

The pretty girl turned her head, her cheeks immediately transforming to a ruby color when she spotted the man behind her.

"Me?" She asked in a whispered tone.

Smiling, he nearly blinded her with his perfect set of thirty two, "Who else?"

Just then, a loud ding went off, signaling that her elevator had arrived.

"I'm going up." she smiled uneasily, her mind wondering who this fine ass man was and where the hell he came from.

She could see the small droplets of sweat that rested on his forehead, and the sweaty pits that seeped through his grey workout shirt. She could tell by the way it hugged him that he was in perfect shape underneath, the creasing of his muscles pressing through.

A white hotel towel was draped over his shoulder, and he smelled of sweat mixed with his own captivating fragrance. She didn't know what to think of the handsome stranger, who was now casually making his way onto the elevator with her, making sure to grab a few of her bags with her permission to help ease the load.

"I'm Nico, and you are...?" He asked, trying his best not to size her up in the small elevator.

She was inches smaller than his 6'2 build, so there was no hiding what he was looking at if he stared at her for any longer.

"Azure." she answered.

"Like the color?" He followed up.

"Yeah," Azure chuckled, "Not many people know that."

"I'm smart, what can I say?" he shrugged playfully.

Azure smiled to herself as the memory faded.

Pressing on the elevator button, a wave of nostalgia waved over her. It had been seven years since she had met Nico in the very same city, and in between then and now her life had changed so much.

She was no longer the lost little girl who was begging to be loved. She remembered being so hurt and lost, just to be swept off her feet by no other than Nico Graham.

He was a problem from the very beginning, both good and bad. He could make you love him, hate him, and love him all over again. He was stubborn, cocky and got on her last nerve but damn did she love him.

"What you smiling at?" Nico snickered, looking over at Azure.

"Am I smiling? I didn't even realize" she laughed, stepping into the elevator, "But I was just thinking how we met in this city, seven years ago this month. It's kind of like our anniversary."