twenty eight

Both Aaron and Spencer were home now, and I was running back and forth between their places.

During the day, I'd help Spencer out with things around his house. At night, I'd stay at Aaron's house, trying to do some extra stuff there.

The two were destroyed, and it started to get hard for me to keep running around. With three people out on medical leave, the team was alone to do stuff on their own.

I put my hand on Spencer's arm, looking up at him as the two of us stood in his doorway. "If you need anything at all, you know I'm only a phone call away" I reminded, and he nodded.

"Yep, just text me when you get to Hotch's" He ordered, "Love you" He told me. I smiled faintly at him,

"Love you too" I said, and then I started to walk away. He shut the door behind me, and I took my phone out as I reached the elevator. I flicked it open to see what time it was, revealing the numbers 6:34. I bit my lip, thinking about what to do.

Did I pick up take out for Aaron? Or did I make something at his apartment? I pressed a few buttons, and then I pushed the phone to my ear. I exited the elevator as I reached the first floor, "Hello?" Aaron said over the phone. Pushing the buildings front door open, I spoke.

"Hey, what do you want for dinner?" I asked him. He didn't respond for a moment,

"I can make something before you get home" He offered, and I laughed lightly. I got into my car and grabbed the keys from my messenger bag.

I shoved them into the ignition, speeding off. "I can either pick up pizza or make some pasta and chicken" I gave him two options.

Almost instantly, he responded "Pizza"

I smiled, stopping at a red light. "Figured. I'll be at your place in a bit" And then I hung up. 

Spencer had been really distant lately, even though I was with him all day every day. He'd been quiet, and when he wasn't he was just sleeping. It kind of worried me, honestly. He'd barely picked up a book in a week. 

It was basically the opposite with Aaron, because even though he was determined to try and find Foyet, the two of us were sleeping in the same damn bed. 

And no, get your head out of the gutter. Nothing too serious had happened, considering he was basically on bed rest. 

Some nights I almost didn't want to leave Spencer's. Not because I didn't want to see Aaron, I was more than okay with that. But I didn't know what Spencer was doing at night while I wasn't there. It was stressful. 

000

I unlocked the door to Aaron's apartment with one hand, holding the pizza box in my other. Once it opened, I typed in the alarm password. I placed the pizza down on the table, 

"Aaron?" I called. No answer. I raised an eyebrow, making my way down his hallway. I peaked in his bedroom, his door being half open. 

There he sat on the edge of his bedroom's bench, a glass of scotch in hand as he stared at himself in the mirror. He was shirtless, but he still had a pair of black pants on. 

My eyes went wide, and I almost broke the door down as I rushed in, "Aaron, you can't drink that!" I reminded him, taking it from him. He looked up at me, he was noticeably upset. "What happened?" I asked as I realized something was seriously wrong. He wasn't ever like this, he always took care of himself. 

Especially after being stabbed nine times in the chest and stomach. 

I put the almost empty cup down on his dresser, and his eyes started to water. I pursed my lips as he wrapped his arms around my torso, resting his head on my stomach. I began to rub his back, looking directly in front of me. "Bad night" he told me. I nodded, 

"That's okay" I ensured, "The doctor said you would get those, remember?" He nodded against my body, and I frowned a little. "Do you want to talk about it?" He didn't answer for a moment. 

"Jack's birthday is in a few days. I won't be with him for it" He started, "It's all my fault that they're in that protective program, if I had just let him go..." I shook my head, letting go of him. I knelt down to be the same height as him. 

"Aaron Hotchner you listen to me. This is the only one of Jack's birthday's that you'll ever have to miss. For the rest of your life you'll be there for them, every last one. This isn't your fault, it's Foyet's" I explained. I had to wipe the tears off of his cheeks, and it made me want to cry too. I had never seen Aaron this upset, this vulnerable. "If you let him go he would have started killing again eventually, you did what was right. Do you understand me?" I ensured. 

He sniffled, and then he kissed me. I cupped his face as I kissed him back, but then his lips started to move aggressively. 

Oh, this was going to be good. 

We both stood at the same time, and he pulled away for a second as I sat on his bed. He examined my face for a moment, and then he nodded. "I understand you" He finally replied in a whisper, pressing his lips back on mine. 

They were warm and slightly chapped, but I hadn't minded. I just wanted them on me, anywhere and everywhere. I fell onto his bed on my back, and he climbed on top of me. He tugged on the bottom of my shirt, finally pulling it up to take off. I helped him a bit, and once the sweater was off, he threw it on the ground. 

His lips moved from my mouth to my collarbone, and he began to suck. I let out a moan as shiver's went up my spine, 

I was a sucker  for hickeys. 

I felt his mouth curve into a smirk as he continued pressing it onto my skin, making a trail down my left breast and soon my stomach. He avoided the permanent scar on my stomach, trying to make sure he didn't hurt me. 

I ran my hands through his raven hair, grasping it. My eyes rolled back as his hands slid down my pants, biting my lip. 

Then, a bunch of large bangs

Someone was pounding on the door, making Aaron jump off of me. He was rummaging around his room for a shirt, and once he found one, he slid it on. 

Really? Right now? 

Why did we always get interrupted when something good was about to happen? 

I sat up as he rushed out of the room, and I examined myself in the mirror. Small dark bruises all visible with a bra on. I bit my lip as my hand brushed over them lightly, 

"Strauss?" My eyes went wide, 

"I'm looking for Agent Gordon, the stationed here for a bit while they try and find her sister, yes?" I shot up, picking up my teeshirt. I slid it on, but then I glanced in the mirror. 

You could still fucking see them. 

I began to panic, trying to find anything to cover them. I shuffled through my bag, finally finding a turtleneck sweater. "Gordon!" Aaron called, and I put it on over my teeshirt. I flattened my hair, walking out of the room. 

I made it into the living room, seeing Aaron standing in front of Strauss, who was sitting on the couch. They both looked over at me, "Hello" I spoke up, smiling sheepishly. 

She stood, "How are you feeling" I shrugged, crossing my arms. 

"A lot better" I admitted, 

"Glad to hear it. I was wondering if you'd be up to going back to work in a few days?" I nodded at her question. 

I was for it. I mean, having off was great. But taking care of two men all day was getting a little tricky. "Yeah, I can be in work by Wednesday" 

"Perfect" She clapped her hands together, and then she looked at Aaron. She didn't speak for a moment. "Were you asleep?" He gestured to his hair, which was a mess. I held back a laugh, covering my mouth slightly. He looked at me like he was ready to kill me. He nodded, 

"Yeah."