Infiltration

Hours into the flight, the plane was finally over Wales, Miller was woken up by the sudden turbulence.

"Sir, we're near the drop zone, get ready to drop." Said one of the pilots.

"Understood" Miller responded as he quickly checked his gear one last time.

He grabbed his pack and headed for the door. After he slide it open, the wind hit him hard, he could just barely see the ground through the clouds and dark night. The red light next to the door frame lit up, and not even a minute after it turned on, searchlights lit up the sky and were on an active search for Miller's plane.

"Get us to the drop zone quickly! It's gonna become a shooting gallery soon!" Miller shouted to the pilots.

On the ground, British soldiers were rushing to their AA guns and looked for the American plane. It wasn't long until the searchlights spotted the transport aircraft and began firing, turning the sky into a firework display.

On the plane, the light turned from red to green and that was Miller's signal to jump

On the plane, the light turned from red to green and that was Miller's signal to jump. Before jumping, a shell hit the engine suddenly and without saying any more words, Miller jumped from the plane and the aircraft exploded, and nearly knocked out Miller from the shockwave.

Miller quickly recovered just in time and pulled the cord on the chute and drifted down to the drop zone as he watched the plane crash into the ground. He soon landed in Wales far from the British soldiers.

Miller took his journal out and went over his mission objectives again; 'Find out what the British and French are planning, destroy or cripple it. Gather as much information as possible on British plans and kill important officers.' After rereading his mission, he checked his gear again and quickly kissed his crucifix necklace before moving out. The British must be searching for him and will be swarming the area soon, Miller had to move before he was caught.

2 hours after escaping the enemy, Miller stumbled upon a military outpost, it was on high alert and for good reason to, the plane crash caused the entirety of Wales to go on alert, plus, this base looks unusually on high alert compared to other bases Miller has encountered. Miller knew there was something in there that was worth protecting, he had to go in.

Miller got up to the base's fence and slowly began to cut the links one by one just enough to slip underneath, after he got in he had to be extra cautious about the searchlights flooding the area that moved at nerve racking speed. Miller could outrun them but he would make too much noise if he ran, so he had to evade the lights as much as he could.

After looking around the place for about half an hour, he found what appeared to be an underground research facility. "Jackpot," Miller said quietly but with some excitement as well. He headed over to the entrance, but it was guarded by two soldiers. Miller thought for a moment as to how to get past them, then he thought of something; he grabbed a stone and threw it at one of the soldiers, hitting him in the helmet. "Hey! Who threw that?" shouted the soldier but not even a second after it hit him, Miller ran up and jumped onto the soldier nearest to him and used a hidden blade concealed in his sleeve and shanked the first soldier in the throat and threw a knife into the skull of the other, killing them both instantly.

"All apart of the job" Miller said as he stood up wiping the blood from his uniform and began walking to the entrance to the facility, he opened the sealed door and started climbing down a 20 foot ladder. At the bottom, he found himself in a long, poorly lit concrete hallway with a few Franco-British Union flags on the walls along with some propaganda. When he reached the end of the hallway, he found a steel door similar to that on a cargo ship. Opening the door, he found something he never expected to see in his life; blueprints, experimental weapons, a list of certain French and British soldiers, all for the Union's newest weapon, the Dragon Corps....