32

Haven't proofread it.

~

               •
•|Caden’s POV|•
               -

“She has cancer?” I whispered in shock and took a few steps back not believing to what Aunt Kelly just said. I felt like the ground beneath me slipped and I fell in the depth of sorrow and loneliness, pain and guilt, anger and sadness. 

“Yes, she has been battling lung cancer for a year and a half now.” She spoke, her eyes filled with sadness too.

“Is there— is there no treatment?” I stuttered, not wanting to hear any negative response. I couldn’t let her leave me, I could not afford losing her, her friends could not afford losing her, hell this world could not afford losing her. She was a ray of sunshine in everyone’s lives and without her, the world would not be the same.

Fuck, I would not be the same.

I wanted her by my side.

I needed her by my side.

“There is, but she denied everytime.” Yet another shock surpassed through my body and I scolded myself to be strong.

“Why?”

“No one knows, I tried pursuading her so many times, her friend Grace tried to pursuading her so many times, but she denied the offer everytime.”

She did not want to live?

The Rosaline Willow I knew did not want to live?

The Rosaline Willow I love did not want to live?

Why?

“H-How many days she has left?” I managed to whisper and the answer she gave me made myself hate me even more.

“The medicines were supposed to make her live till December, but apparantly, she has been stressing out a lot lately and I am afraid that if she doesn’t agree to get the treatment today, then she would not be with us after the mid of November.”

“And this is all because of you, you fucking bastard! You made her life restless, you are the one troubling her, you are the fucking nightmare of her life!” Grace lunged at me and I let her. She threw a punch at me and before she could throw another punch, Joshua held her and hugged her tightly, both breaking down in the hysteric sobs of tears.

“Can I see her?” I asked Aunt Kelly and she nodded her head before showing me to her room.

My heart broke at the sight and an unknown tear slipped from my eyes and rolled down my cheek. There she laid with pipes and bottles injected to her body and it was all because of me. It was because of me she was in this state, it was because of me her life span deteriorated, it was all fucking because of me.

A hand on my shoulder made me rub the tear away from my eyes and I turned to find Aunt Kelly standing there with a sad smile on her face. I hugged her tightly and let out all the pain inside me. I cried until no tears were left and I was left with nothing but a lonely hole in my heart.

She caressed my cheek motherly and spoke, “You like her a lot, don’t you?”

“I love her.” The confrontation was no big deal. Yes, I loved her and no, I was not embarassed about it.

“Please save her, Aunt Kelly, please. Do something, anything, you are a doctor and you are best at what you do.” I begged her and the tears came again.

Never in my entire life would I have thought that I would be crying for a girl, but that was the beauty of love, you do things that you never intended to.