chapter 24

KIKIOPE

Wednesday was the prize giving day so, we JANU Icons had to stay in the school hall so far we would be receiving prizes so, we couldn't question Ann, infact, we wouldn't be able to that during the week because Thursday is the inter house sports while Friday is the literary and debating day, and we had to represent our school even though our school was anchoring it.

Bimpe and I slumped on our chair in exhaustion as we'd just gotten back from the Hall while others had gone to their respective classes. The class was somehow empty so far the prize giving had lasted till closing time.

"I hope AY isn't around sha," Bimpe voiced out as she dropped her gifts into her bag.

"I don't think so, we told him to come late today whereas if he's around, the junior students would have looked for us," I assured as I also dropped my gifts in my bag.

"That's true," she nodded before picking up her bag and standing up.

"E ehn, has AY found his baby?" I queried before standing up too.

She shook her head, "No, you should see how downcast his wife is, didn't you notice that AY hasn't been smiling like before?"

"Ah, that's so bad," I inched my way towards the door while she followed, just as we got to the entrance, a shadow blocked us, looking up, our eyes met with Pako who wore a lopsided grin.

Bimpe and I shared a look before I turned to him, "Get out of our way."

"And if I don't?"

I rolled my eyes, "Then you can become a statue here," I pushed him out of my way and as we took a step, his voice stopped us.

"We saw you guys that day."

I shared a confused look with Bimpe before we both turned back.

"Which day?" Bimpe lifted her arms in a shrug.

He smirked, "Is it not yesterday or something?"

I pursed my lips, "What are you talking about?"

"You guys followed Ann to our abode, you recorded everything that happened that day," he revealed with a toothy grin.

Our eyes grew wide before we shared a knowing look.

I shrugged, "And so? Why are you telling us that?"

He cackled like a hen, "Do you think you're safe?"

"Stop spouting nonsense," Bimpe hissed.

He gave a half smile, "I can see you guys have no fear but I want you to know, you aren't safe, in case you aren't aware, we are on the look out for you guys," he threatened.

Bimpe and I chuckled.

"You confirmed it yourself that we have no fear, so, bring it on," I sneered.

He snickered, "And you think you'll get out alive?"

Bimpe scoffed, "You think you have a power, you know it'll be a sweet news if the JANU Icons are found dead."

He pursed his lips, "I only decided to tell you so, it won't be a surprise when it comes, anyway, you can seek for my help if you don't want to taste death at your young age."

Bimpe and I erupted into a mocking laugh.

"And in what way can a senile patient like you be of help?" I lifted my brows and the corner of my mouth raised.