ten | reveals and arguments

Caleb looked genuinely sincere and truthful; I had no clue what to believe

Caleb looked genuinely sincere and truthful; I had no clue what to believe. Enough had happened tonight and I still hadn't completely recovered from being scared out of my mind.

"I will tell you the whole truth if you promise to stay here and not think anything different of me," I nodded quickly. I was lying to him, if it were to be true; it would change my view of him completely.

I still wasn't sure what I was doing. I had known this boy for barely a week, and he had already bulldozed through my friendships, my relationship, my mind, and my life.

"Look, I know Jake told you that I killed someone and how I fought, but it's not completely true," I listened closely trying not to move so he would keep talking. I still wasn't sure why both brothers were suddenly confiding in a girl they had just met.

"I told him I killed someone, I didn't want him with me anymore," I wasn't sure this was a typical brotherly relationship; not a lot of brothers also act as a manager to help another fight. "He used to beat me up to make me stronger," he continued, obviously becoming more comfortable telling me.

I wasn't sure I had ever seen this side to Caleb. It involved no smirking or hidden meanings. He was being absolutely open. "I hid from my him half my life," I felt genuinely sorry for him.

"What's the thing about Annabelle?" I asked, remaining delicate and not wanting to anger him even more since just her name alone was enough to make him flinch.

"She and I were together for a few weeks," he told me, "until Jake came into the picture," I felt a strange feeling in my chest when he told me about him and his brothers fiancé being together before, "I guess he's just a jealous brother and she's an angry ex girlfriend."

"I told them I killed someone to keep them away from me, but they keep harassing me, saying that I'm dangerous and that I should be in prison." I had to restrain myself from wrapping my arms tightly around him in an embrace.

Although he had quickly become a pain in my ass, nobody deserves what Jake is throwing at him. The way Caleb had spoke seemed more truthful than Jake did, but that still didn't mean I fully believed him. How could I when I didn't know the real truth?

"And because he can't get any evidence of it, he's been trying to get to me for other things like stalking and harassing," Instead of restraining myself this time, I wrapped my arms tightly around him, like it was the last time I would ever hug someone.

This was the first time we had been this close and it felt nice, no false actions, like our kiss.

He switched subject pretty quickly, "we have the house to ourselves tomorrow," he said, smirking. There it was; he was back to his usual smirking and annoying Caleb, and I wasn't entirely angry about it.

"How come?" I replied, searching for why almost everyone would be out of the house on a Saturday. "Kylie and Clara have a science fair, which my parents will be taking them to."