F O U R T E E N

35 COMMENTS FOR A NEW CHAPTER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Arianelle watched as the two girls practically sprinted out of their dorm room, leaving her with Landon Kirby. He winced in awkwardness, staring at her and then at the door.

"Yeah... they might do that a lot..." Landon said with a flat smile. "C'mon, let's finish your tour?"

She nodded, following Landon out of the room.

"So, what's the big deal with this Lilah girl? My dad seemed surprised when he met her, those two just ran out of here at the mention of her..." Arianelle questioned.

"Um... we're not too sure, actually," Landon said honestly. "There's been things going on lately, and everyone's seemed to have forgotten who Lilah was. We had photos and files on her, but no real memories of the girl."

"That sounds like what my mom calls compulsion," Arianelle stated, trying to remember all the supernatural lingo her mom threw at her as she also threw her out of the house and into the Salvatore School. "Like she made you all forget or something."

"We think it might also have something to do with this thing called the Malivore Pit. Anything that goes inside, people forget about."

Arianelle tried not to seem phased by that and just nodded. "Learn something new everyday, I suppose. Hey, wait, where did my dad go?"

"I think he's still talking to the Headmaster."

"That guy is creepy."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"What do you mean there's files on me here?" Lilah questioned, her demeanor becoming a bit hostile. "Like... creepy stalker type files? Has someone been following me?"

"Woah, no, no," Dorian said, getting up from his seat on the table and holding his hands out in front of him in hopes to calm her down. "It's nothing like that."

"Then what is it?" she asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"We have student files on you here," Dorian explained. "As if you went here."

Lilah furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

"I've never gone here," she replied, scoffing. "Why would I go to a high school for supernaturals? I'm already in control of my vampire ways."

"Come with me," Dorian said, "I'll show you."

She looked at Roman, as if seeing if he thought they should go. He nodded, so she followed after the teacher at the school. As they walked through the halls of the school, the nostalgia of that being where Stefan had lived for centuries still made her feel some kind of way. Halls she was sure Katherine had once walked.