Epilogue

Ace's POV

Five years ago today, Bria and I said our I do's.

It was also the day that our little Levi was born. I had never cried so much in my entire life. One minute I was at the alter declaring my love for my wife and the next minute I was holding her hands as she brought our son into this world.

Levi is like a photocopy of myself. From the day he was born it was quite obvious. I remembered Bria grumbling something about having to endure all the pain only for her child to look like his dad. She was actually upset. We all tried to contain our laughter but it was near impossible. Eventually she snapped and the doctor had to escort us from the room.

My son is my greatest accomplishment. If that little boy asked for the world, I would hand it to him on a silver platter. He makes me so happy without even trying and the best part is, he is always at my side.

I had gotten myself a car dealership business with a mechanic shop at the back. I mostly work in the mechanic shop and hire staff to run the dealership. 

At the age of two, I had to get my son a pair of overalls and work boots  to work in. He literally would not leave my side and he always wanted to help me. Whenever Bria would take him, he would cry until she brought him back. Eventually she got fed up and stopped trying to take him.

Today was his fifth birthday and we were currently at the store gathering some stuff to surprise his mom for our anniversary.

After we had finished shopping, I took Levi out for some ice-cream then picked up two cakes at the bakery. Levi was extremely excited. It was his idea to surprise his mom.

When we returned home, I saw that she had already left for her spa say with her friends. Levi and I got to cooking and blowing up balloons. I could tell he was getting tired so I turned the music on to keep him entertained. By the time Liz arrived, we had both pretty much almost done everything and left the rest to her. We both went and took a short nap until it was time to get ready.

A few hours later, I woke up the my house smelling like heaven. I woke my son up and got him cleaned up and dressed before I did so myself. Liz had already left and promised to return later so the house was extremely quiet.

I took Levi down to the kitchen to examine Liz's work but he had other ideas. He kept pinching off the food and eating. Eventually I had to take him off of the counter.

Levi and I sprinkled rose petals all over the floor creating a trail to the back door where we took all the food to the waiting tables outside.

By the time Bria came home the food was almost cold. I mean, who stays that long at a spa? Apparently she did.

Levi and I hid in a nearby bush and watched as she stared at what we had prepared. She kept crying and looking around for us then eventually went back to the house when she hadn't saw us. 

Suddenly, kids from all walks of life came throw the back door and sat around the table of food. Oh I saw what she did I thought and laughed. She even ordered cake and pizza. When she came back out, there was a huge grin on her face.

"Happy anniversary babe." She told me with a smile.

"Mommy!" Levi screamed running to us.

"What's wrong baby? Happy Birthday."

"Is this my birthday party?"

"Of course it is!" She told him and he jumped excitedly.

"Are you having a good time?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Ava doesn't want to be my girlfriend."