9

Over the next few months, the rehearsals for the wedding dance continued.

Sebastian had officially proposed to Mia, after taking her to one of her favourite places and creating a romantic setting for her. Not long after the proposal, the two of them sent a picture on their little group chat with everyone, sharing the good news.

Everyone felt ecstatic at the news, and a small party was organised for family and friends to celebrate the happy occasion.

However, ever since his proposal to Mia, Sebastian was more determined that the whole wedding dance was perfect and everyone know their moves.

There wasn't long left till Aaron and Melissa's wedding day now, and it was becoming increasing harder for everyone to prepare and also hide this from both Mia and Melissa.

Although, despite that, no one was enjoying the rehearsals more than Blake.

Week after week, he was getting the chance to dance close with Nicole, closer than she'd ever let him be if there wasn't a good enough reason.

Blake took every opportunity he could to dance closer to Nicole, even going as far as to messing up his footing, which would then require the instructor to spend more time teaching the two of them.

He could see Nicole fuming and could almost imagine steam coming out of her ears, but carried on anyway.

Blake just felt there was just something about her.

Even a year, after she'd basically insulted him on that date and left him high and dry, he couldn't let go.

It was like he'd met his match, and that wasn't someone you would just let leave.

There were times he knew that Nicole would purposefully wear the highest of heels, just so she could stomp on his foot and cause him more pain. She'd also elbow him and once, 'accidentally', scratched his neck.

Blake found the violence oddly endearing, especially the smirk she'd give him after her fake apology and then the flaring nostrils, when he'd just smile and tell her it was okay.

It was clear that she was trying her hardest to get a reaction out of him, but he wasn't giving her one, and it seem to just drive Nicole mad.

However, Blake was getting his own back too.

At one point he'd caught his foot between hers, causing Nicole to fall back, only to catch her in his arms. He'd also twirl her out, and back forcefully, so she'd crash into his chest, causing her to automatically hold him tighter.

Blake wasn't entirely sure what he was hoping for with Nicole, but leaving her alone just wasn't an option.

***

In the weeks leading to the wedding, Blake's parents had also returned back home.

He'd also recently learnt from his building manager, that the damage to his place was worse than suspected, and would most likely take longer than the expected time that was initially provided.

Aside from Maggie and Burt, there wasn't much he liked about his old home, and now with his parents back, it was becoming less bearable.

Sat at the larger-than-required dining table, Blake was trying to have his breakfast.

His mother insisted that when home, they eat together, especially since he barely ever came home.

Blake refrained from telling her that they were never really home either.

David and Cynthia Campbell, came from old money, as they liked to point out every so often. They had made a fortune through their own wine company, having family-owned vineyards, and turning out millions.