11

"Piece of absolute shit," Nicole cursed.

She tripped on her own slippers, ones that she had left on the living room floor in a careless manner. The idea was to move it later, but did she? Nope.

Mia and Chloe, hearing Nicole curse, glanced towards her in concern, but then looked back to the tv when they realised she only tripped on her own slipper.

Kicking the slipper aside, Nicole jumped onto the sofa, curling her legs underneath her. She was sat beside Mia, and instead of keeping her eyes on the tv, she stared at her friend.

When she clearly wasn't getting any attention from the two girls, Nicole let out a loud sigh.

"So?" She asked, breaking the silence between them.

Mia turned her head towards Nicole, with a confused look on her face.

"So, what?" She asked, her eyebrows raised.

"What's it like being engaged?" Nicole asked, placing a cushion onto her lap and leaning on it.

It was a bit of a random question, but she was curious. It had been around three months since Sebastian finally popped the question, and Mia was now engaged. But Nicole just wanted to know if it felt any different.

"It's pretty much the same as it was the day before I got engaged, only now I have this pretty rock on my finger," Mia smiled.

It was a weird feeling for Mia. It didn't actually change much between them, but was still this big leap from just being boyfriend and girlfriend.

Every time Mia would look down to the ring on her finger, she couldn't help the giddy feeling that came over her.

Nicole looked at the smile that was currently on Mia's face, and wondered what that feeling must be like.

Having a friend who was engaged was incredibly weird.

Of course, she was happy for Mia, but Nicole couldn't help but think of the progress that everyone was making in their lives, big changes and all, and she just felt kind of...stuck.

Her life was good, she had her job that she loved, great friends, love and support, but still felt like she was fixed into this position in her life and just couldn't get out.

Nicole then looked at Mia and Chloe, who were carrying on to watch their show.

"Do you think being engaged spiced thing up in the bedroom?" Nicole blurted out.

Whilst Chloe choked on the water she was drinking, Mia patted her back, and glared at Nicole.

"I'm not answering that," she replied.

Nicole pouted. "Oh, come on. Don't be like that," she said, reaching forward to tug on Mia's arm.

"I'm not answering that," Mia said, shrugging her arm out of Nicole's hold.

"Chloe! Mia isn't answering my question!" Nicole then whined.

Usually, Chloe would often have to be mediator between the two of them, but also being the most shy out of them, she wasn't about to help Nicole on this one.

"I'm going to go make some tea," Chloe then said, her face turning red.

Nicole tugged on Mia's arm again.

"Piss off. I'm not telling you about our bedroom antics," Mia told Nicole, shrugging her arm out of her hold.

"Isn't it stale, though?" Nicole asked curiously. "I mean you've been together for so long, it has to be boring. And now you've gone and committed yourself to him," she said.