14

"This is stupid," Nicole muttered as she trudged along, stomping every now and then, in her steps.

This wasn't an early morning, but it was still early enough on a Saturday. A day that she really wanted to herself, to just stay in bed and eat junk food.

Work was getting so chaotic for her. There was a chance to work with the creative director on a special, not-yet-revealed project, and Nicole so desperately wanted in on that.

Mia, who was walking in front of Nicole, along with Chloe and Mason, turned around.

"Stop it. It's going to be fun," she told her.

Usually group activities like this were often organised by Mia and today, she had chosen to get everyone together for a fun game of paintball.

With work in the way or other commitments, the group couldn't always hang out all at once, and so Mia would take it upon herself to organise things like this.

She liked that this little group of theirs, was like their own little family, and after growing up without many friends, Mia liked to keep the ones she had close.

"You're just grouchy because the outfit you wanted, didn't fit," Chloe then noted, grinning at Nicole.

"Go away," Nicole mumbled, folding her arms against her chest like a brooding teen.

Mason looked towards Nicole as they carried on talking. "You need a whole outfit for paint balling?" He asked.

When Nicole glared back at him, Mason turned his head abruptly and pulled Chloe closer to him for protection.

"Mason, do you value your life or your relationship to Chloe?" Mia asked him, a laughter-filled smile on her face.

After glancing nervously towards Chloe, Mason looked at Mia. "Um, yes. Both equally high," he replied.

"Then I would refrain from commenting on anything clothing, outfit or fashion related, around a grumpy Nicole," Mia said, nodding over to her.

Mason smiled. "Noted."

"It would be wise," Nicole then gritted out.

She really wanted the day to herself, despite committing to the paint-balling, especially since she was the first person to confirm the date decided.

Mia stopped in her steps and turned around to look at Nicole. "You're going to be happy, and cheerful, and enjoy this activity I've organised for all of us," she told her sternly.

"Cheerful? Have you met me?" Nicole asked raising a brow.

"Unfortunately," Mia smiled sweetly and turned back around and continued walking.

Pursing her lips, Nicole scowled, staring daggers into Mia's back.

"Bitch," she grumbled.

"I know," Mia replied triumphantly and carried on walking towards the venue.

She had found this perfect outdoor location, which was like a whole course that they could all do. It was on one of the competitive paint-balling grounds, that kind of seemed more like it would appropriate for military training.

***

A short walk later, they had reached the venue and there waiting for them, was the rest of the group.

Sebastian turned around, as if sensing Mia's presence, and a wide smile came over his face, one which was seen by all of them.

Walking over to him, Mia stood right in front of him and tilted her up, with a grin over her face.