Chapter 14

Monday classes are finally over. Gosh, I hate Mondays. Right now, I'm on my way to the coffee place, but I don't get too far before I'm stopped.

"Hello."

"Hi Dimitri," I say.

Silence. Things feel a little awkward after Saturday night. Don't know why to be exactly. Probably with the way he left. I'm not mad about it, it just makes things a little more awkward now.

"Why weren't you in class today?" I ask him casually.

"Had to get something fixed at the office," he says as we begin to walk towards the coffee place.

"Oh..."

Silence again.

"Just ask me," he sighs. How the hell does he know, that I'm dying of curiosity?

"What needed to be fixed?" I ask him smiling, the awkwardness fading away.

"I had to tell them that I am moving out of my dorm room," he says casually.

"You're moving out?! To where? Just another dorm? Or are you dropping out of college?" Questions fly out of my mouth before I can stop them.

"One thing at a time," he tells me already annoyed.

"Sorry," I say embarrassed.

"Yes, I am moving out. I do not know yet, but definitely to an apartment. And no, I am not dropping out of college," he tells me.

I don't know why, but I am relieved when he says he isn't dropping out.

"Well, when are you going to look for the new apartment?"

"Now."

"Right now?" I ask him.

"Yes."

He's very curt and short in his answers.

"Can I come?"

Wait, did I just ask him if I can come to look at an apartment with him? What the hell is with me today, and when the hell did I become so blunt around him?

He looks shocked by my question but quickly recovers.

"If you want to, I guess you could tag along," he tells me.

"Seriously?"

"Do not make me regret it," he says with a very stern voice. But, I'm not as intimidated by it, as I once was. I guess I trust him more than I figure sometimes.

We get our coffee, then head out to meet with the real estate agent. On the way there I ask him, "Why are you moving?"

"I cannot stand my roommate. All he does is annoying. And I should not have to run to your dorm, because I cannot be in my own fuckin' "home", just so he can get laid. That is why I am moving."

"Oh... okay," I say.

We walk in silence until we arrive at the first apartment. It's about a 6-minute walk from campus, so that's a positive thing.

We go up and find, that the real estate woman is already there. She says hi and shows us around the place. There is one bedroom where he's gonna sleep. Then there's an okay large living room/kitchen. There's just enough room for a small sofa to be put. We walk further into the apartment and get to the bathroom. Oh, how I miss having a private bathroom. It's white with a shower and a small toilet, but the thing that stands out is the washing machine. Dimitri can bet his ass that I'm gonna use it if he decides on this apartment. I actually really like the place. The only thing missing is a few items, so it can feel more homely. But to be honest, I don't think Dimitri really cares about the "homely" thing. He doesn't seem like the guy to have photos of his family hanging on the wall.