Epilogue

Ayeon felt the wind blow and adjusted the leather jacket she was wearing. She was waiting outside a strip club for Donghyuck, Jeno, Mark, and Renjun to finish up their deal.

"What's taking so long?" Ayeon asked, checking the time on her watch. They had been in there for fifteen minutes.

"Maybe someone's putting on a show." Jaemin said, wiggling his eyebrows, earning looks of disgust from Chenle and Jisung.

The thought of her boyfriend watching a stripper made Ayeon feel extremely uncomfortable so she decided to give the blue haired male a light punch in the arm.

"Don't ever suggest that again." Ayeon said, making Jaemin laugh just as the four remaining gang members exited the back door of the strip club.

"I really don't understand why they always have to hide a bill in their bra. Why can't they just give us the money and let us go?" Renjun complained as Donghyuck looked at Ayeon, a smile spreading on his face.

Ayeon didn't return the favour, crossing her arms instead. "You took too long."

"Not my fault." Donghyuck said, with a shrug. He gave Ayeon a kiss on the temples, making her smile and she knew she couldn't stay mad.

"Can you two save it until you're alone." Jeno said, getting onto his motorcycle. Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"Someone's in a bad mood." Donghyuck muttered before doing the same and soon, the eight of them were speeding down the roads of Neo City.

...

"C'mon, love. We need to go." Donghyuck said, shaking the girl that was barely awake beside him.

"Five more minutes." Ayeon mumbled into the pillow. She's too cute.

"Fine, but only five." Donghyuck said, giving in. He laid back down, staring at Ayeon.

Ayeon's shirt had rid up, exposing the edge of the tattoo on her ribs. Donghyuck reached out, running his thumb along the soft flesh.

"Stop, that tickles." Ayeon murmured, eyes still closed. Donghyuck chuckled, removing his hand and placing it under his head as he went back to staring at the girl.

Ayeon's eyes fluttered opened, staring back at Donghyuck.

"What happened to sleeping for five more minutes?" Donghyuck asked the girl.

"I just remembered why we need to get up." Ayeon said. Donghyuck chuckled, giving the girl a peck before the two of them got out of bed, getting ready for the day.

...

"I can't believe you're leaving already." Ayeon said as she linked arms with the elder girl, the boys getting the luggages from the back of Taeil's car.

"We've been back for a lot longer than we intended to. Plus, I'm getting sick of Renjun." Jiayi said, earning a glare from her younger brother.

The group was at the airport, dropping Jiayi and Winwin off for their flight back to China. Ayeon and Jiayi walked ahead while Donghyuck, Renjun, Taeil, and Winwin followed, both groups lost in their own conversations.

"When are you coming back?" Ayeon asked. Jiayi simply shrugged.

"When we feel like it." Jiayi responded before nudging Ayeon in the ribs. "Plus, it's not like you need me to convince Taeyong for anything, you're a Phoenix now."

Ayeon smiled as Jiayi motioned to the jacket that had now formed to Ayeon's body.

Soon they were waving goodbye as Jiayi and Winwin disappeared through the gates.