Chapter 27

** Songs for this chapter: **

Are We Alone? - COIN
Strangers - Mt. Joy
quiet motions - mxmtoon
Bloom - JT Roach

--

Chapter 27

"Shit!" I hissed, staring at Friday standing in the doorway. I took a glance between him and Harry, deciding in a split second to do the only thing that rationally made sense – pull him into the bathroom with us.

"Get in here," I muttered, grabbing his sleeve and yanking him through the door.

"What? May, no!" Harry groaned, trying to step away as I trapped the three of us in the tiny space. He took a seat on the toilet seat and watched as I reached behind my co-worker to pull the door shut behind him, making sure to double check that it was actually locked this time. "Why are you bringing him in with us?"

"I knew it!" Friday elatedly hissed, bringing his drink up to his lips. "I knew that there was something going on between you guys."

"Oh, shut it," Harry hissed, now protectively snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me toward him. I nearly tripped over my feet at how hard he yanked me. "You're just pissed because now you can't fuck her."

"Harry!" I snapped and unlinked myself from his grip. His nostrils flared as he glanced between me and his open arm, before he took a breath and put his hands together in his lap. "Enough. That was way out of pocket. Be nice."

"I am being nice."

"You're being a prick."

Friday snorted and Harry shot him a glare, going to stand up from the toilet, but I put a hand on his shoulder to keep him down. I could feel his body trembling beneath my fingers.

"I'm sorry," I muttered at Friday, shaking my head and finding it ridiculous that I was apologizing on someone else's behalf – some man who couldn't control his irrational rage, none the less. "He's really drunk."

"It's fine," he said with a shrug. "I'd be pissed too."

"Yeah?" Harry grunted, sarcasm and venom dripping in his tone. "You'd be pissed too if someone else was flirting with your girl?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, reeling from the sudden shift in energy and how Harry's jealousy seemed to ramp up with his alcohol intake. It was hard to handle.

"Stop," I seethed down at him. "Or I'll throw you out of here. Get it the fuck together, you're being embarrassing," Harry didn't respond but kept his gaze on Friday. "I'm pretty sure that Friday has a girlfriend anyway."

As soon as the words left my mouth, my fingers inexplicably tightened on Harry's shoulders and I prayed to God that I wasn't wrong.

"Mm, actually no," Friday hummed, and I closed my eyes, suppressing an irritated groan. Great. "I don't have a girlfriend."

"Shit," I murmured, "Sorry, I just thought that Casey..."

"See?" Harry boastfully chided, throwing an arm out in front of him. "What did I tell you –"

"I have a boyfriend," Friday chirped. "Casey is my boyfriend."

My eyes flew open to look at him. An amused grin had spread across his face as he raised his glass up to his lips to take another sip. I swallowed, trying to form a coherent sentence.

"I just get nervous around attractive people"... He was talking about Isaac.

"Oh my god," I gasped. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed–"