Chapter 50

"Well would you look at the lovely couple." Nicholas declared his presence loudly, effectively startling me awake. A wide grin was on his lips, and his dark blue eyes lazily travelled between Hannes and myself.

I straightened from where I had been resting beside Hannes, and looked at the still widely grinning Alpha standing in the doorway of the living room. He was in the uniform that I'd seen him in when talking to Hannes throughout my training, and his polished black boots contrasted against the brown wooden floor.

"Who let you in?" Hannes growled, seeming a tad bit annoyed. I glanced at him, and saw that the tips of his finger had small lines of blue ink on it; he'd been writing beside me throughout the entire time I'd been resting.

Athena was rubbing at her face sleepily from where she sat in the corner of the living room, listening as Nicholas explained that Jeremiah had 'warmly' welcomed him into the home.

A look over Nicholas' broad shoulder revealed that Jeremiah stood behind him, eyeing the Alpha warily, with a hand placed on his belt, clutching something I couldn't see because of the angle in which I sat.

"Now now," Nicholas drawled, stepping into the living room, boots barely making a noise against the floor. "There is no need for that attitude towards me Hannes, especially after the gracious act I commited for your mate." Nicholas' blue eyes rested on me and he smiled brightly. "Isn't that right, Olivia dear?"

I looked between the two Alphas. It was slowly becoming apparent that Nicholas enjoyed attempting to irritate Hannes, who corrected Nicholas and bluntly said that the warriors had also saved me, not just solely him.

Nicholas scoffed deeply, dismissing Hannes' words, and faced me. "Athena informed me that you would like to talk."

I nodded, glancing at Athena. She was beginning to fall asleep and the book she held loosely in her hands started to slip out of them.

"I wanted to say thank you for saving me." I told Nicholas, running my eyes up and down his face, stare lingering on the confident, and almost cocky smile on his lips. "I remembered you pulling me out of the lake, and I am very grateful for you doing so."

There was a pause, and Nicholas looked at me in expectancy. He waved a hand almost dramatically. "Do carry on expressing your gratitude. It's not very often that I experience these kind wo-"

"The people in your pack kiss your ass, Nicholas." Hannes grumbled from beside me. Nicholas scowled, snapping,

"And yours don't?"

"Alright, alright." I swallowed down the laughter that threatened to rise as I spoke, jabbing Hannes' side with my elbow and giving him a stern look. I turned back to Nicholas, and nodded. "I thank you, again."

Nicholas nodded. "You are welcome, my dear Liv. I'd do it again in a heartbeat." He straightened, and looked over us all in the room, including Hannes who had begun to stand. Nicholas watched me again, as he went on, attempting to ignore the Alpha coming his way, "If that is all, I must return to my pack. I'd extended my stay to assist Elijah with a few things regarding documents or whatnot, and I have to say, it is utterly boring here in Wilde-"

"Get out, Nicholas." Hannes snarled, although it looked like he was repressing a smile. Abruptly, he clasped hands with Nicholas, and I became baffled as they shook hands, uttering low words I couldn't hear. I glanced at Athena, but she was sleeping already. Slowly, I walked to stand beside Hannes, and said my goodbyes to Nicholas as well. We watched as Jeremiah walked him to the door.