Chapter 3: Blind

Just as a personal headcanon, I've always drawn Bad with horns and wings so I figured I'd incorporate that in here cause I can. I like to think that he's an actual angel.

==================

Dream was barely out the door before a passerby stopped and hit him with a pick up line.

"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?"

"Yes." Dream grumbled. He knew all too well about love at first sight. Before they could get in another word he turned around and hurriedly slammed the door shut. "This isn't going to work." he said to George, "It's getting worse!"

"All the more reason to get to Bad. He'll be able to break the curse." George reached up and yanked Dream's hood down so it covered his entire face. "There, now no one'll be able to see you."

"Yeah, but I can't see shit either!" he complained, voice muffled by his mask and the new layer of fabric. If he looked straight down, he could maybe see the floor.

George opened the door again, grabbing his hand and pulling him outside. "Don't worry Dream, I'll be your loyal guide dog."

Dream had no choice but to follow, tripping a bit on his own feet. "Don't you dare run me into a wall."

"I won't." George said, and immediately ran him into a pillar.

"GEORGE!" he yelled over his friend's laughter, "What the heck is wrong with you!?"

"Oops, I'll be more careful now." he passed under an archway, "Duck."

"Ow!" The warning came too late and Dream hit his head against the bottom. He felt the wood of his mask slam into his nose and cheeks. His face was going to be horribly bruised by the end of the day. "George I swear-"

"Not my fault you're tall." George smirked. But after that he stopped his trolling, silently and diligently leading Dream through the crowded streets. He only spoke up to warn him of incoming arches or low-hanging tarps.

After an eternity of watching stone tiles pass under his feet, he finally felt George stop.

"We're here," he heard his friend say, knocking on the door.

Dream figured it was safe enough now for him to throw back his hood. It was stifling under the thick fabric and he really needed a breather.

After a few moments, the door opened, revealing the familiar horned silhouette of their friend. "Dream and George!" Bad exclaimed, "What're you guys doing here?"

"Hey Bad." Out of habit, he took his mask off.

"No don't look!" George threw himself in front of him, arms outstretched. He was slightly too short to successfully block his face.

Dream realized his mistake and instantly slapped the mask back on. Ow. There was definitely going to be bruises now.

"Why?" Bad's eyebrows drew together in concern. He showed no signs of being affected by the curse, despite having gotten a good look at Dream's face. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?"

"Dream can't show his pretty face anymore without people instantly falling in love with him." George explained. "Got himself cursed by an evoker."

Dream didn't even hear the last bit about the evoker. His mind had stopped working. Pretty? Did George really think he was pretty?

"An evoker?" Bad echoed, his eyes wide, "Are you sure? The last time I checked, evokers can't curse people. They just summon fangs and vexes."

"So that's what those flying things are called!" Dream exclaimed a little too loudly, trying to shake himself out of his thoughts.