thirty-eight

"Arden just sent me the guest list that she has for the baby shower, is there anyone you want to add to the list? All your family is invited and of course Grayson will be there, but I figured I'd ask in case you thought of somebody else," I informed Wyatt as I sat at the bar in the kitchen while he made us dinner of a frozen pizza.

"I don't think so, all of my football friends are assholes and haven't exactly taken the whole 'Wyatt is going to be a dad' thing very well," He shrugged as he pulled the hot pizza out of the oven.

"Okay, let me know if anything changes so I can let Arden know," I told him before tucking my phone away and getting out of my seat. I washed my hands in the kitchen sink before grabbing a plate and grabbing two huge pieces of pizza.

"This is missing something," I whispered, looking down at the pepperoni pizza on my plate.

"What do you mean?" Wyatt asked as he took a bite of his own pizza, "it's pizza."

Then out of the blue, my pregnancy cravings got the best of me and I headed into the pantry to satisfy my cravings. I had to dig around in the cabinet for a couple of minutes until I came upon the glorious tub of Nutella. I quickly grabbed it and knife before sitting down at my spot.

"What are you doing?" Wyatt questioned as I opened the jar, "You are not putting that on your pizza are you?"

"It's what the baby wants therefore it is what the baby gets," I answered before taking a bite.

"That's just wrong," Wyatt chuckled as he took a bite of his "normal" pizza.

"Hey, don't knock it until you try it!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, give me the jar," He countered.

I slid the jar over to him and he put some Nutella on a small section of his pizza before taking a bite. He seemed puzzled at first and then furrowed his eyebrows at the pizza.

I smiled, "See! I told you you'd like it!"

He chuckled, "Kennedy, darling, that was not a look of satisfaction, that was a look of why would you ever do that to pizza? I will definitely never be doing that again."

"Boo," I sighed, pouting my lips.

Wyatt leaned over and kissed me, "You'll have to try this again after you aren't pregnant, and then tell me if you still like it."

"I will," I promised before going back to eating my pizza. We finished our food in a comfortable silence and when I we both had finished, I grabbed the dirty plates and loaded them into the dishwasher.

"When is the next time your sisters will be home?" I asked Wyatt.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. Probably for your baby shower if I had to guess," Wyatt answered, "why'd you ask?"

"I promised your sisters that I would tell them the baby's name when we had one picked out and I'd like to do it in person rather than over the phone."

"I think they'd also like to find out in person," He agreed, wrapping his arms around my waist as I put the leftover pizza into a container. I was about to stick it in the fridge when Grayson came into the kitchen.

"It that pizza?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered.

His eyes lit up, "Can I some?"

I handed him the container and he shouted a thank you before disappearing around the corner. His footsteps pounded up the stairs and I heard his door close not long after.

"Do you want to watch another movie?" I asked Wyatt.

"Can we watch the newish Wreck It Ralph Movie?" Wyatt asked, his eyes lighting up like a little kid.

"The one where he breaks the internet?" I giggled.

"Yeah," He smiled.

"You're going to be a great dad," I noted before kissing his cheek. Before I could start walking to my bedroom, Wyatt picked me up bridal style and started carrying me up the stairs.

"I am perfectly capable of walking up the stairs," I whined.

"And I am perfectly capable of carrying you up the stairs."

I huffed, "But I'm heavy."

"No you're not Kennedy," Wyatt promised me as he pushed my bedroom door open. He walked inside and set me down before shutting the door behind him.

"I'm putting comfy clothes on," I said before walking over to my dresser and grabbing a pair of joggers and one of Wyatt's sweatshirts. I headed into my bathroom and quickly changed my clothes in hopes to avoid as much of the cold air as possible.

Once I had finished changing, I walked back into my room to find that Wyatt had already pulled up the movie and was laying on my bed, staring at his phone. I dumped my old clothes into my laundry basket before crawling into bed next to him.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked him.

He looked up at me an smiled, "Just looking at stuff."

"What stuff?" I questioned.

"I'll tell you soon, I promise," He whispered, before throwing his phone to the side of the bed.

"I'm holding you to that," I informed him as I cuddled into his chest. Wyatt pulled the blanket he had over him, over the both of us and then hit play on the movie.

"I love you so much," I mumbled into his chest as the movie started.

"I love you and Noah even more," Wyatt whispered back.

"I love us," I smiled before giving him a kiss. I was so happy with me and my boys.

-----

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in over a month... Going back to school was a lot harder than I expected and I didn't have much time to write. I'm sorry that this chapter is kind of a mess, I didn't really know what direction I wanted it to go, so this is more of a filler chapter! Thank you all so much for being patient and I hope you enjoyed this update! Don't forget to vote!

xx - Sidney